• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mel Kiper's Mock is out. Wilson to the Falcons at 4, Fields to the Lions, Panthers get Trey Lance.

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

Lance could have a similar trajectory to Josh Allen if he doesn't bust. I actually like him quite a bit better than Allen as a prospect, but like Allen did, he has a ton of work to do before he'll be ready to lead this team. Would be wise to sit him for a year or even 2 behind Teddy, as much as that would suck for us fans to watch Teddy hinder this offense for any longer...

I have yet to find a comparison I like to Trey Lance.   Who he reminds me of. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I have yet to find a comparison I like to Trey Lance. 

He compares pretty well to Cam, just even more raw. I think he could become a more consistent/better passer with the right coaching too. He's a boom/bust pick, but if he does develop and hit his ceiling he absolutely could be a top 5 elite franchise QB. I prefer Fields by far, and maybe prefer Wilson a little bit, but I'd still be absolutely pumped with Lance. At least we'd have a clear direction at QB...

• Beer 1

I have no interest in Justin Fields. He seems poised to continue the long line of NFL busts that tend to come out of Ohio State. I hope he comes off the board early so we can put any talk about taking him to rest.  I just hope we don't decide to trade up to nab him. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

He compares pretty well to Cam, just even more raw. I think he could become a more consistent/better passer with the right coaching too. He's a boom/bust pick, but if he does develop and hit his ceiling he absolutely could be a top 5 elite franchise QB. I prefer Fields by far, and maybe prefer Wilson a little bit, but I'd still be absolutely pumped with Lance. At least we'd have a clear direction at QB...

yeah, I don't like the Cam comparison.  Cam was a uniquely dominant runner the likes of which the league had never experienced. 

and Cam in large part despite what the critics said in college and the pros.....didn't scramble that much.  He didn't want to leave the pocket.   His coaches called run plays a lot and he ran when they did. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

I'll still be surprised if Atlanta actually drafts a QB.   I think simply given the nature of the contracts of folks like Matt Ryan, Julio, etc. that the new coach/gm will be forced into a scenario where they are still in a win now mindset with the core guys they have. 

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I don’t think the falcons choose a qb

Even if they don't, he doesn't have pick 2 or 3 being a QB, which I don't see happening.  So either way there is a good chance three QBs will be off the board by pick 8, and all 4 being gone is a very real possibility.

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A bigger watson

I don't see it.  But Watson is my favorite all time QB that I have followed...so I admittedly probably wouldn't allow/see a comparison even if there was one.  Watson always had a magic to him you couldn't put your finger on. 

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

im not sure on lance tbh. he scares me and he isn't going to learn poo from a pissed off teddy and an OC who clearly is gonna bolt town the next chance he can get.

id almost be inclined to take a risk on stafford

Yeah let’s trade further assets for a 3 year rental on a qb that has won nothing at all. I agree