• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article: Matt Rhule: “Very urgent” to have QB who makes plays in crucial situations

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, Ted Ginn Jr.'s Hands said:

I think the Minnesota game was the straw that broke the camel's back with Rhule this season and the fact that Teddy tried to deflect blame for missing Moore wide open in the end zone.

Agreed. That seemed to be the turning point between talking Teddy up as a "franchise QB" and starting to be more open about their frustrations with the QB position.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

my biggest fear.

We don't make a move for Watson/Stafford.

Then, and some mocks show it, Trevor, Fields, Wilson and Lance all go before #8. 

Matt Rhule drafts Mac at #8 after getting to know him at the Senior Bowl so well. 

Jones is someone he unsuccessfully tried to recruit to Baylor so he was already somewhat aware of him.

I don't know that I see us taking him at pick eight, though I acknowledge it is a possibility. Taking him after a trade down is also possible.

Even the #3 pick is pretty much a no-go.  The value of the QB class is so high this year that even the value chart isn't as accurate as it would be in a normal year.  Basically, the best we can hope for in terms of trade up would be 5 or 6 without completely gutting our draft.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jones is someone he unsuccessfully tried to recruit to Baylor so he was already somewhat aware of him.

I don't know that I see us taking him at pick eight, though I acknowledge it is a possibility. Taking him after a trade down is also possible.

my issue would only be Mac at #8 and why it is my fear.   Teams might a lot of dumb moves when it comes to QBs....especially QB needed teams.  GM/Owner/HC are still all unknowns IMO in terms of drafting/decision making.   

I think there are places in the draft where he could be a good value.  

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

my biggest fear.

Then, and some mocks show it, Trevor, Fields, Wilson and Lance all go before #8. 

Matt Rhule drafts Mac at #8 after getting to know him at the Senior Bowl so well. 

Well if that's the case I trust Rhule and Fitterer's judgements way more than I trust anyone on here

4 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Even the #3 pick is pretty much a no-go.  The value of the QB class is so high this year that even the value chart isn't as accurate as it would be in a normal year.  Basically, the best we can hope for in terms of trade up would be 5 or 6 without completely gutting our draft.

yeah, #4 seems to be as high as you could go.  But like you said, the chart is probably to conservative given the QB heaviness of this draft. 

3 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Well if that's the case I trust Rhule and Fitterer's judgements way more than I trust anyone on here

I'm just saying our entire FO are unknowns.  Not saying they shouldn't be trusted.  We have had 1 draft with Rhule and Tepper together.  That's it.  Fitterer a total unknown now coming in.    

Just in terms of playing the fun guessing game.  It is really hard given they have virtually no history to really guess off of.   Since they don't have an established way of doing things and behaving. 

27 minutes ago, CRA said:

my biggest fear.

Bingo 

mine as well 

I was wrong about Justin Herbert and that’s who we should have moved up one spot to get and while I do not believe Jones is close to Herbert in any category, he us going to be the picK if things fall as predicted 

the panthers May trade back two or three doors to get him and get more picks 

Rhule scares me, after all Teddy would not have been here if Rhule didn’t approve and then there us the Dwayne Haskins futures offer 

Edited by raleigh-panther

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Voth...

Also when trailing at the half...

That is eye opening. Knowing that your QB can bring you back in the game is huge. If the players on the team don’t have that confidence that you can come back when you are down, it can become contagious when you face adversity. Last season alone we had the chance to have a winning season by coming back in one score games.