• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My final offer for Deshaun

Zod

1 hour ago, CRA said:

If you are Washington...4 first rounders would be less IMO than 3 first rounders and Chase Young.

I don't know what it will take.  I think Stafford went for too much and has skewed the Watson conversation to a point I may not be comfortable with anymore. 

I was cool w/ 2 first and CMC.  Then maybe some additional non-first round picks. I'm fine burning some 2nd and 3rd rounders.  Based on the Stafford thing I clearly got no feel on what teams are willing to do in this moment though.  

I’m pretty confident whatever it ends up being you will be uncomfortable with it. 
People on this board have severely understated it from the start.  The Stafford trade was a bit of a wake up call. 
A trade for a QB like Watson is going to hurt, take whatever you are comfortable with and add to it. 

4 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I’m pretty confident whatever it ends up being you will be uncomfortable with it. 
People on this board have severely understated it from the start.  The Stafford trade was a bit of a wake up call. 
A trade for a QB like Watson is going to hurt, take whatever you are comfortable with and add to it. 

I probably max out at 3 first and CMC. In terms of top tier assets.   I’m not giving up my young defensive players.   Well, the big 3. 

You've got to go all out! The payoff would be extraordinary!

This is a guy who wouldn't scoff at moving to the southeast, it's home.

"Fit" is also important in long term decisions, Stafford showed that.

Watson needs to be the absolute FOCUS of our QB upgrade. There may be no better "fit" for the Panthers.

On 1/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, Zod said:

My final offer:

2021 1st and 2nd
2022 1st and 3rd
2023 2nd
CMC
Shaq Thompson

This is as far as I would go. Burns, Chinn, or Brown? GTFO

I wouldn't give them CMC.  Even though his position isn't as valuable, personally for me having Watson without CMC would ruin the whole allure.  I want to see Watson and CMC in the same offense.