• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched film of all the top QBs: Zach Wilson screams Mitch Trubisky but Trey Lance has some Mahomes vibes

hepcat

49 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Mahomes was a prolific college passer in every way.

Lance went over 200 yards only 3 times in his college career and was 33rd in the FCS in passing yards and 72nd in attempts. Thats just plain raw. He is a big athlete who occasionally threw deep balls to wide open receivers.

I've seen Lance make some throws in tight windows that should've been caught. Yes, he is raw, but I suspect that his numbers will skyrocket with his development and better weapons and protection.

28 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I've seen Lance make some throws in tight windows that should've been caught. Yes, he is raw, but I suspect that his numbers will skyrocket with his development and better weapons and protection.

You hope and wish. Thats not adequate for top 10 IMO.

Edited by Moo Daeng

If a QB is your guy, you have to get him, whether it's top 10 or top 32. I realize that there are opportunity costs in perhaps losing out on a day-one sure-thing at another position, but if you believe that a potential QB is a surefire starter on day one, in a half of a season or a season, you can't play draft games, you get him!

Edited by top dawg

Trey Lance never lost and NDSU was usually blowing out their competition, so he isn’t going to continue to air it out and rack up yards. Definitely makes his sample size smaller than a lot of people are comfortable with. I would like to see his stats compared to Cam’s at Blinn College or Wentz’s his first year starting for NDSU. It would give a good idea as to how he compares to NFL QBs who played against lower competition like his did. He is going to be about as raw as it gets for a first round QB, but he checks a lot of boxes (arm strength, intelligence, leadership, athletic ability). If our staff is worth the money we are paying them, they should be able to shape him into a good starting QB, with a huge amount of untapped potential.