• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at the QB class from a different perspective: Character

blueandblackattack

10 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Well he’s been doubted his entire career with d1 schools wanting to change his position from qb to a linebacker or safety. That’s why he went NDSU route. He definitely has a chip on his shoulder. I’d say that’s adversity in some ways.

Same thing happened to Armanti Edwards. Unfortunately, as far as the NFL goes, he was ahead of his time. 

I'm not seeing what everyone else sees with Lance. I watch a lot of football and you can't really get a read on how good he is because of who he is playing with and against. NDSU may well win C-USA, the worst FBS conference, while the rest of the MVFC would finish in the bottom half. It's not even close.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:44 AM, Zod said:

I was more defending Fields. Most people are not good at public speaking. To assume they lack character as a result probably isn't wise. 

I will say too that it's not like these guys are giving speeches. They're basically just answering a bunch of questions in regards to the game.

15 minutes ago, Varking said:

For most public figures giving a scripted speech is a lot simpler than having to answer questions you aren’t prepared for. Especially when reporters are trying to lead you towards certain answers. 

Football-related questions for a QB, or any football player really, is not some unheard of thing. It's to be expected.

Just now, top dawg said:

Football-related questions for a QB, or any football player really, is not some unheard of thing. It's to be expected.

The same can be said of any job specific interview but reporters often find the time to ask loaded questions while trying to get a click bait worthy quote. It happens all the time. Not just in sports. 

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

The same can be said of any job specific interview but reporters often find the time to ask loaded questions while trying to get a click bait worthy quote. It happens all the time. Not just in sports. 

That's true! Like I said, it's to be expected.

I think Fields did just fine, BTW. 

Edited by top dawg

12 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Same thing happened to Armanti Edwards. Unfortunately, as far as the NFL goes, he was ahead of his time. 

I'm not seeing what everyone else sees with Lance. I watch a lot of football and you can't really get a read on how good he is because of who he is playing with and against. NDSU may well win C-USA, the worst FBS conference, while the rest of the MVFC would finish in the bottom half. It's not even close.

You gotta look at things like arm talent, footwork, pocket presence, etc. he does a lot of good things that translate to the nfl. And can he get better with better coaching and nfl practice/workouts. I get it being more difficult because of the talent he plays against and it’s only been one year. But add in his physical traits 6’4” 230lbs and there is a reason nfl scouts are clamoring about him. 

bringing up armanti in this convo is just ridiculous. Everyone knew he couldn’t play qb in the nfl. Hence why he made the immediate switch to wr. Didn’t have the arm talent, size or pocket presence that translates. I went to App, he was just fast as hell and shifty compared to the competition and he was a gamer. That speed didn’t translate because everyone is fast in the nfl.

ive posted this video a ton on here already but this will kind of show you why scouts are so high on him as far as nfl qb traits.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 1

I think they are both deeply flawed QBs who have major character issues and show no leadership on or off the field.  My advice for anybody in the top, say, 7 picks would be they need to take a hard pass on them and not give it a second thought.

That is my honest assessment, if the Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, Bengals, Eagles, or Lions staffs happen to be reading this forum.

No charge for this advice, BTW.

• Beer 1