• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Reid's son in car accident

ladypanther

8 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

So he might not of been drunk but he definitely was under influence and impaired.  He will be arrested.  They probably trying to determine what was in his blood system before charging him.

It's still a double standard. If he wasn't Andy Reid's son, he would be cuffed to the bed until he's recovered from his injuries. Also, he's been charged with a DUI before.

Edited by Cookie Lyon
  • Pie 8

8 minutes ago, Cookie Lyon said:

It's still a double standard. If he wasn't Andy Reid's son, he would be cuffed to the bed until he's recovered from his injuries. Also, he's been charged with a DUI before.

It’s not that.  It’s cause they know he will lawyer up and got money so they got to have their poo together cause everything will be reviewed and challenged by his lawyers. Average Joe’s can’t afford that so they get arrested and charged right away.

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

It’s not that.  It’s cause they know he will lawyer up and got money so they got to have their poo together cause everything will be reviewed and challenged by his lawyers. Average Joe’s can’t afford that so they get arrested and charged right away.

Agree to disagree.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Let’s see one of the best coaches in the NFL and sure fire HOFamer on his way to a second straight Super Bowl has a delinquent child with a history or problems who gets behind the wheel after drinking and seriously injures someone including children. 

Andy Reid is fat but his bank account is fatter - cut a check to the victims, no charges for his moron kid by the fanboy police and it’s like it never happened. Weird! 

14 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Let’s see one of the best coaches in the NFL and sure fire HOFamer on his way to a second straight Super Bowl has a delinquent child with a history or problems who gets behind the wheel after drinking and seriously injures someone including children. 

Andy Reid is fat but his bank account is fatter - cut a check to the victims, no charges for his moron kid by the fanboy police and it’s like it never happened. Weird! 

Had this happened 20 years ago I would agree.  But with today's social media access I kinda doubt this goes away that easily.  

• Pie 2

First, let's all hope that the injured children can make complete recoveries and that their parents aren't bankrupted by the medical bills and other expenses and difficulties that are going to arise from this.

Second, let's separate Andy Reid from his son on this one. While it is true he already lost one son to an OD and this son has had his issues with alcohol and potentially other substances, we can't hang their actions on his head without being directly involved with their family. The son was working with his father and I can assume that this wasn't without some idea of keeping him close by.

Third, addicts and troubled people can have long periods of control and/or sobriety with no incidents only to be set off in a time of extreme stress/joy/responsibility. I'd be willing to bet that is part of this story and such incidents. I know of one case where a son's birthday party was enough to set a rehabilitated addict off and it led to that man's OD and death. Addiction is a festering evil that just hangs in the soul of a person and it always courts tragedy and chaos.

Fourth, yes notoriety, money and even the perceived importance of a championship football game may be impeding what we would demand as justice. Or it may not be affecting it at all. We clamor for punishment, but the culprit in this still needs help to change.

Jeez, this just sucks in every way.

• Pie 3

27 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

hearing about little kids getting hurt in stuff like this makes my fuging blood boil

Me too dude. Guy is a selfish prick. 

And even if he had an absentee father (which is just pure speculation), not an excuse. He’s in his mid-30s and should know better.