• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network previews the QB carousel

Mr. Scot

From Rapoport, Garofolo and Pelissero...

The quarterback carousel has only begun to spin

Highlights:

Wentz trade compensation will be significant, but probably less than the Stafford deal (Bears or Colts most likely)

Saints would like to go into the season with Jameis Winston as their starter and Taysom Hill as his backup

Raiders seem agreeable to trading Derek Carr, but also might consider trading Marcus Mariota

Washington is looking at options (including Alex Smith) but could be especially interested in Sam Donald

No discussion of Deshaun Watson in the article and nothing too specific to the Panthers, but Rapoport and Pelissero do discuss Watson in this video (if you're a fan, you probably won't like it).

1. Trade for Watson

2. Trade up in draft (probably to #2 or #3) for Wilson

3. Trade for Carr

4. Lesser trade up in the draft for Fields or Lance (#5 or #6)

5. Sign Trubisky as FA (this could still be a bridge option if we plan to go with #4)

6. Trade for Minshew

Not interested in trading for Wentz, Darnold, or limping another season with Teddy.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Also FYI, the full terms of the Stafford deal, per Schefter...

Schefter added that when they first started talking to the Rams, the Lions tried to get Aaron Donald as part of the deal. Rams said no way.

That’s fair from the Panthers imo. And LMAO at the nerve of Detroit but you’ve gotta ask I suppose.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1. Trade for Watson

3. Trade for Carr

5. Sign Trubisky as FA (this could still be a bridge option if we plan to go with #4)

6. Trade for Darnold

Made my edits above. But mostly agreeable.

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1. Trade for Watson

3. Trade for Carr

6. Trade for Minshew

Not interested in trading for Wentz, Darnold, or limping another season with Teddy.

Chefs Kiss Reaction GIF by Nick Jonas

In one of Schefter's reports he is talking about our offer for Stafford and thought maybe teams would call us. The thought was that we offered Bridgewater and picks so someone may call us about a deal. The one mentioned was Minnesota sending Cousins to us and them getting back a popular player for them. What's the thought of that?

The report confirming that the Panthers were indeed about to get Stafford before the Rams jumped in puts us in a strange position. We can’t keep TB on the roster this year. If we do it will cause turmoil between the staff and him/players because of known lack of confidence. It let’s other teams know we are borderline desperate meaning any trade whether it be draft or with a vet will squeeze out more than it should. We need someone with (literal) brass balls to finalize something before or early in the draft to keep unnecessary drama from arising.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1. Trade for Watson

3. Trade for Carr

6. Trade for Minshew

The more I think about it, give me #6.

#1 will cost too much, but it is (deep down) the hope of every Panther fan.

#2 Is my draft preference,but it too will cost us a lot.

#3  not sure about Carr--I don't want Carolina to be nothing more than a pit stop for Carrs.  (Get it?)

#4 I consider this the probable thing that will happen.  

#5. Hard to get pumped about this, but as a free agent, on a good "prove it" deal....

#6.  He has never had a good team--college, pros, but has turned heads.  Lets sign him and give him a good team.

#7.  Again, a trade for Darnold is hard to imagine--based on his play so far.  However, if you think you can get something out of him and get him cheap, maybe a fall back plan.