• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Todd McShay mocks us to trade up with Miami to get Trey Lance

electro's horse

I'd be a lot more interested in seeing how Parcell's criteria holds up on older draft classes. We have no idea how those QBs from the '19 and '20 draft classes will ultimately turn out. Guys who don't look like much currently could still turn out to be really good and guys who look really good right now could still fizzle out.

But, I do see those criteria being a lot of ideal case scenarios. Are you really gonna knock a guy for not being a three year starter because he sat a year beylhind another really good QB and/or the coaching staff was too dumb to play him over another guy? 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be a lot more interested in seeing how Parcell's criteria holds up on older draft classes. We have no idea how those QBs from the '19 and '20 draft classes will ultimately turn out. Guys who don't look like much currently could still turn out to be really good and guys who look really good right now could still fizzle out.

But, I do see those criteria being a lot of ideal case scenarios. Are you really gonna knock a guy for not being a three year starter because he sat a year beylhind another really good QB and/or the coaching staff was too dumb to play him over another guy? 

It did help finding more successful QBs, just like many others methods its out dated. QBs have a little NBA one and done in them, your boy Mitch and recently Lance. You got to adapt. 

1 hour ago, PandaMan said:

Why the Eagles?  They still have Wentz (at least for now) and drafted Jordan Love last year.  If they trade Wentz I think they’ll roll with Love.  But yeah, I was thinking Lance would be there at 8, but the closer we get to the draft I’m just not sure.  I really want Lance. 

Hurts HARDLY lit the league on fire. He had a couple of decent games, and then he got figured out. His last outing was pretty bad! I don't think he's someone the Eagles will give the ball to, if they have a chance at drafting one of the top four guys available. Trey Lance is such a better prospect than Jalen Hurts. 

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It did help finding more successful QBs, just like many others methods its out dated. QBs have a little NBA one and done in them, your boy Mitch and recently Lance. You got to adapt. 

Burrow sure looked good and he was a one year wonder. You gotta just evaluate every QB individually. If you want a QB checking all those boxes, you better be sitting at #1 overall or get very lucky. You could also end up with a great college QB with limited NFL upside checking all those boxes. I'm sure plenty of Alabama and Ohio State QBs of old we're checking them right down the line. Pretty sure former UNC QB Marquis Williams would've probably checked every box but you could watch him play any game and see that he was a good college QB that wasn't going to translate to the NFL. And yes, UNC's staff was very dumb for playing Williams over Trubisky.

3 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

Hurts HARDLY lit the league on fire. He had a couple of decent games, and then he got figured out. His last outing was pretty bad! I don't think he's someone the Eagles will give the ball to, if they have a chance at drafting one of the top four guys available. Trey Lance is such a better prospect than Jalen Hurts. 

Yeah, scouts kind of knew Hurts doesn’t have a NFL arm when it comes to accuracy. Lance throws a great ball and is pretty accurate. His weakness is competition and experience... the intangibles are all there.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Burrow sure looked good and he was a one year wonder. You gotta just evaluate every QB individually. If you want a QB checking all those boxes, you better be sitting at #1 overall or get very lucky. You could also end up with a great college QB with limited NFL upside checking all those boxes. I'm sure plenty of Alabama and Ohio State QBs of old we're checking them right down the line.

Burrow did look like a legit #1, it is about the individual. More starts means more tapes to study and pick apart. My #1 proven trait is how they handle adversity, cause NFL is about making QBs uncomfy.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Burrow did look like a legit #1, it is about the individual. More starts means more tapes to study and pick apart. My #1 proven trait is how they handle adversity, cause NFL is about making QBs uncomfy.  

Yep. That's why my favorite QB situations are non-traditional powerhouse P5 programs. You get to see those QBs play a few games a year against teams that are just flat out better than theirs and see how they handle it.

That's one thing I think a lot of people are kinda overlooking with Lance. He plays for basically the Alabama of D1-AA.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. That's why my favorite QB situations are non-traditional powerhouse P5 programs. You get to see those QBs play a few games a year against teams that are just flat out better than theirs and see how they handle it.

That's one thing I think a lot of people are kinda overlooking with Lance. He plays for basically the Alabama of D1-AA.

Im driving the Lance spaceship and always honest. Hes a huge future projection, a big gamble at investing a top ten pick in. What can I say, Im a believer that he will be a legit top tier NFL QB. That system at ND, its a pro system, its a great head-start for the NFL. I do believe he also needs time, maybe not a full year, but hes behind others in this. Hes all ball too, (wait until millions happen..) and thats very important in this super complicated world. Honestly its a perfect fit for Rhule, Teddy, and this current team. Yes teddy has bus marks on his back, still like Lance this team needs to do so growing w/o 10 million Teddy.