• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins have received many calls for pick number 3

Zod

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Rhule didn’t give a poo about the draft when he was playing Washington. He job is to get his team prepared to win that game and he did. I’ve never understood all this crying about a win... I don’t see many analysts stating “you know if Carolina just lost that game 4 weeks ago they would have a better draft pick. Such a bad call winning that one...” We won and we were the better team. That’s what should and did happen. Let our staff figure out the draft now since it’s that time of year.

Take it easy. You can't be logical with some folks. They only understand crazy.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There has only been one pro day (lawrence) and no interviews to date.  Evaluations havent cranked up yet so there is no way we have a big board yet.  Now if we go through this process and determine one of those guys are it then talk but now just be patient.  I still say keep your picks and stay at 8.  Whats the worst that could happen?

This is a good point of view. Hopefully if the Panthers have called, it is just due diligence at this point to let Miami know we MAY have interest. If there is a trade, I don't expect it until we get closer to draft day, heck it may be draft day. If evaluate and want to pursue a QB, we probably trade. If not, then hopefully we don't get desperate

If the Dolphins are receiving calls for 3, then people have to accept the possibility all 4 QBs could be gone by 8. If a team does trade up into 3, it's going to be for a QB. TL and Wilson will likely go 1,2, leaving 5 spots with multiple teams looking to  trade. Whether the price is right or not remains to be seen, but the possibility is definitely there. 

3 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I know people keep wanting to complain about the loss to Washington but damn...what would you propose we do in that game. I don’t think anything we did would out suck Haskins and the terrible special teams play that they had. You can’t be more conservative than riverboat even when his team is playing like garbage. 

GROUND N POUND FOOTBAWL YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME PANTHERS HATER

3 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If the Dolphins are receiving calls for 3, then people have to accept the possibility all 4 QBs could be gone by 8. If a team does trade up into 3, it's going to be for a QB. TL and Wilson will likely go 1,2, leaving 5 spots with multiple teams looking to  trade. Whether the price is right or not remains to be seen, but the possibility is definitely there. 

It will be the first time it ever happens.  Even if it did then the 8th pick value skyrockets making a trade down enticing. 

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It will be the first time it ever happens.  Even if it did then the 8th pick value skyrockets making a trade down enticing. 

First time in NFL history when more than a dozen teams are looking for the answer at QB too. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't happen now. 

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There has only been one pro day (lawrence) and no interviews to date.  Evaluations havent cranked up yet so there is no way we have a big board yet.  Now if we go through this process and determine one of those guys are it then talk but now just be patient.  I still say keep your picks and stay at 8.  Whats the worst that could happen?

Marty Hurney gets confused during the Zoom draft call and selects Micah Parsons for us at #8. 

• Flames 2

I dont think we're landing our Superbowl winning qb this year. We have a new GM and we have a huge need need in the interior OL.

I stay pat at the 8th pick.  It will not be worth the king's ransom to move up to grab the 3rd pick. I could see if a qb drops to the 5th then you may move up.

Theoretically it would be more prudent for us to move back in the draft then move up.

Moving back would grant us the chance to grab some top interior OL in the draft and possibly a second or third round TE.

Whether we like it or not we're at least a year from a breakthrough season.  If we had top flight cap space then trading draft capital would be ok.  We're not. We have average cap space, we're a five win team, and we don't have a slew of picks.

It will not matter who our qb is if we cant protect or dont have a run game.  In fact we would probably ruin any rookie qb if we dont have those things in place.

Im tired of losing. The Panthers have been a joke the past 3 seasons....and its very likely we're a joke for one more....but it's 2022 where we could be good and make splash if we dont blow our wad to early.

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

Haskins got cut he was so bad in that game. I dont buy that we would have lost that game with Walker, and at the end of the day it does not matter because we pick 8 no matter how much people complain about that loss 

Walker played several series in the Saints game, and played terribly.

He threw three interceptions, all of which looked bad, and ended the game with a 20.5 rating.

That's how he looked when he wasn't playing the worst defense in the league.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Walker played several series in the Saints game, and played terribly.

He threw three interceptions, all of which looked bad, and ended the game with a 20.5 rating.

That's how he looked when he wasn't playing the worst defense in the league.

Dude....Haskins had a QBR in that game of 4.1 We were not winning that game with his performance, the terrible special teams play that they had, and Ron Rivera being Ron Rivera. No blatant attempt to tank would change that and it’s pointless to keep complaining about it.