• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La Canfora on Tepper's desire for Watson/franchise QB

top dawg

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I did, and wasn't a fan of certain parts, like this one...

I suspect the Panthers will be willing to get quite creative (including emerging pass rushing force Brian Burns in any package may be even more attractive than McCaffrey)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 7

7 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Yeah but Mr Scot of the carolinahuddle has been sticking his Dorito crusted fingers in his ears and screaming emphatically that we have no chance so this cannot be true

Nah, I think it's possible. Though gun to my head, I don't think he'll be traded. And even this article admits there are people with better resources to do the trade than us.

As to LaCanfora, he's very hit or miss. He was pretty spot on during the Cam Newton saga but was way off more recently in some of his reporting on the GM search.

This is probably one of those cases where his reliability is judged by whether he's saying what you want to hear. Even David Newton becomes reliable under those circumstances.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 3

I use to think that you couldn't buy a championship in the NFL with all the players required and salary cap, but the Bucs pretty much just did this so I guess it is doable now.  Tepper is ready to make a splash and we've all been waiting on this for years.  Take a seat and grab some popcorn because we are about to see the aggressive Panthers that we've all dreamt about and let's see how it plays out in real life.   

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I did, and wasn't a fan of certain parts, like this one...

I suspect the Panthers will be willing to get quite creative (including emerging pass rushing force Brian Burns in any package may be even more attractive than McCaffrey...

I certainly wouldn't want to give up Burns and/or CMC, but I'd understand it if we were able to land Watson. It may not be a popular notion, but at some point you have to say that it's much easier to replace CMC or Burns than it is to trade for a proven franchise caliber QB like Watson who is just beginning his prime (which has never happened).

You've gotta give something to get something, unless someone's just being generous.

• Pie 4

La Canfora is literally the worst of the worst when it comes to NFL news.  His sources are him piggybacking on other reports he reads, I would not take anything he says seriously nor do I understand why he still has a job.  In fact when he reports something the opposite is more likely to occur.  He’s the Bob Nightengale of the NFL beat.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, NJPanthers89 said:

La Canfora is literally the worst of the worst when it comes to NFL news.  His sources are him piggybacking on other reports he reads, I would not take anything he says seriously nor do I understand why he still has a job.  In fact when he reports something the opposite is more likely to occur.  He’s the Bob Nightengale of the NFL beat.

Even if you think La Canfora is off his rocker, he really isn't the only one who has these beliefs about Tepper. Others have alluded to it, and have even referenced things Tepper had said. La Canfora has just been the most Candid.