• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

La Canfora on Tepper's desire for Watson/franchise QB

top dawg

Just now, Snake said:

It wouldn't be that much if we were a mid tier team looking to win now. But we are not and that means we give up 4 improvements to our team. That doesn't last just 4 years. Look at now bad the Ram's are becoming because of it. It's a dumb move for a team that lacks talent. Not to mention shipping CMC away win mean we have even less talent. 

what? Trading 3 picks and CMC for an Elite QB immediate provides more impact than 1 first every year..... I dont think your argument has much weight here.

1 hour ago, PantherKyle said:

This is so overly dramatic. The Rams won't have had a first in about a decade and continue to be in the hunt. There are still rounds 2-7, not to mention Watson's deal is actually very good value with the future QB contracts coming. 

Funny you brought that up. The Ram's are already showing the signs of lack of talent and that's why they are hunting and not finding anything. 

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

what? Trading 3 picks and CMC for an Elite QB immediate provides more impact than 1 first every year..... I dont think your argument has much weight here.

Won't matter much when we don't have any talent around them or did you miss the Cam era? 

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

Won't matter much when we don't have any talent around them or did you miss the Cam era? 

Watched us go to the super bowl and then I watched our QB get injured and never return to him old self. I also watch a coaching staff run him into the ground. 

So you are telling me with the right QB you can get to the super bowl with JAGS around him? Why do we have counter points here... seems like you are agreeing with me.

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

It wouldn't be that much if we were a mid tier team looking to win now. But we are not and that means we give up 4 improvements to our team. That doesn't last just 4 years. Look at now bad the Ram's are becoming because of it. It's a dumb move for a team that lacks talent. Not to mention shipping CMC away win mean we have even less talent. 

Yeah I guess u didn’t watch our games last year without CMC we lost 8 one score games. Damn we could have been close to playoffs with that team last year with a better qb. I really don’t see how any of y’all don’t see this. SMH

31 minutes ago, Snake said:

Sign me up for Rams bad. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Me too. The Rams are likely to compete for a SB next year with Stafford instead of Goff.

Still loaded with an elite defense, as well. 

I'd say they are the odds on favorite in the NFC West after getting Stafford. It's gonna be wild if the 49ers stand pat on Jimmy G and end up in the cellar there. What a waste of a good team that will be.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Ok.  Exactly how much money does he have right now?  

rip up was poor word usage.  Team doesn't give a fug about loyalty, honoring a contract, etc.    

Superstars are going to start flexing on owners in the NFL.  Maybe Watson folds and it will be someone else.

maybe when he signed the deal he didn't realize Houston would continue going to down a culture dumpster fire.   

Would the team stick with Watson if he turned into a dumpster fire?

It's not so much about how his cash levels now -- but rather, the $146,540,000 that hangs in the balance.  A guy with billions isn't overly motivated by earning another $147M...a guy with $34M is.

Loyalty isn't a factor --- the terms of the contract spell out the obligations on both sides.

Why would superstars want to start "flexing on owners"?  I suspect NFL owners and Roger Goodell have a plan to keep things orderly vs. the shitshow that is now happening in the NBA. 

The Texans traded DeAndre Hopkins in March/2020...DW signed his new deal in Sept/2020...if he didn't "know" then he and his agent are both dumbasses.

Watson has turned into a dumpster fire!  Sure appears the team intends to stick with him...

Edited by SizzleBuzz

6 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

It's not so much about how his cash levels now -- but rather, the $146,540,000 that hangs in the balance.  A guy with billions isn't overly motivated by earning another $147M...a guy with $34M is.

Loyalty isn't a factor --- the terms of the contract spell out the obligations on both sides.

Why would superstars want to start "flexing on owners"?  I suspect NFL owners and Roger Goodell have a plan to keep things orderly vs. the shitshow that is now happening in the NBA. 

The Texans traded DeAndre Hopkins in March/2020...DW signed his new deal in Sept/2020...if he didn't "know" then he and his agent are both dumbasses.

Watson has turned into a dumpster fire!  Sure appears the team intends to stick with him...

there isn't actually 146 mill left hanging out there.  Anything outside the guaranteed is window dressing IMO. 110 guaranteed and he already played a year of it. There is a lot of money.  And how much money he currently has matters....as does his future earning potential/and the leverage he has on Hou. 

Why would superstars start flexing their power?  Because they have it.  Because they can.  We have seen that play out in other sports in recent years.  Times change.  Players are changing. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

We armchair people might see it as 4 potential improvements lost over 4 years...

But a professional NFL front office should see it as 24 potential improvements over 4 years instead of 28. If they need 28 chances instead of 24 in order to deliver success, then they need a new line of work. Those 4 should not make a difference in a front office where pucks 18-40 are seen as the same guy.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

there isn't actually 146 mill left hanging out there.

Why would superstars start flexing their power?  Because they can. 

We have seen that play out in other sports in recent years.  Times change. 

According to Spotrac the remaining 5-years left on his contract are worth $146,540,000...unless he pulls a sudden retirement I'd expect he would earn all of it.

Can they?  Not if ownership chooses not to let them do so...there's those pesky contracts you know 😉 

The NFL isn't other sports and their CBA is by far the strongest of all sports --- I am certain the NFL owners do not want to see their league disappear into the same rathole the NBA has fallen into. 

• Poo 1