• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So now there's this...

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I don't know you.

When someone says Tepper is going out of his way to get two people from SC that's what they mean. If you meant "Tepper is going out of his way to get two people who went to school at Clemson" then say that poo. Makes much more sense the second way.

Context clues my friend it's literally their only connection to SC and each other.

My point is both are especially famous in the Carolinas. I was in Asheville two years ago and someone was rocking a Watson Clemson jersey well after the fact. I can only imagine how popular him and Trevor are in South Carolina. Tepper wants to move the stadium from one of the most popping places in the state to the back of the Carowinds parking lot just to get more money out of SC. There's no doubt in my mind that it's factoring into his push. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Will someone make the Jaguars an offer they can't refuse?

The most intriguing potential suitor for 2021 is the Panthers. Carolina holds the eighth overall pick. If they package that pick with several other selections in an effort to keep Lawrence in close to Clemson, will that be enough to get the Jaguars to pull the trigger?

No, I don't buy that the Panthers will do this. It's pure speculation, but so was Newton's "bold prediction" and people went apesh-t over that.

What we'd have to give up just to get to number two or number three would probably make me cringe. Can't imagine what it would take to get to number one.

All Lawrence has to do is say...I don’t wanna play for Ajax...but I will for the Panthers!!!

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

Context clues my friend it's literally their only connection to SC and each other.

My point is both are especially famous in the Carolinas. I was in Asheville two years ago and someone was rocking a Watson Clemson jersey well after the fact. I can only imagine how popular him and Trevor are in South Carolina. Tepper wants to move the stadium from one of the most popping places in the state to the back of the Carowinds parking lot just to get more money out of SC. There's no doubt in my mind that it's factoring into his push. 

Tepper keeps stadium uptown Charlotte!!

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Trevor Lawrence has the better floor, ceiling, basement and yard than Wilson.  Talk to me about Wilson vs Fields who I think he also loses the argument to as well.

We know, man. You're a huge Clemson fan. We get it. It's okay, but you really should stop talking about these things in absolutes. There are no absolutes in the draft. There are busts and steals every year.

• Pie 1

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm just not sold on Lawrence being this super prospect. Yeah, he checks all the boxes but the vast majority of the time he's ever taken a field his team was head and shoulders better than the competition.

Yeah similar to Mac Jones, but with a stronger arm.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Yeah similar to Mac Jones, but with a stronger arm.

Nah, he has a LOT better physical tools than Jones. He has every physical tool you're looking for, he just doesn't wow in any particular area physically. The biggest question mark on Lawrence is how is he going to look when his team isn't head and shoulders better than the competition, but that's a question about every QB coming out of a powerhouse program.

22 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

? A context clue is a hint found within a sentence, paragraph, or passage that a reader can use to understand the meanings of new or unfamiliar words most typically from books. 
Like: 
She was the cynosure of all eyes for the rest of the evening.  cynosure meaning the focus of attention

So your context here would be for from which has many definitions.

preposition: from
  1. indicating the point in space at which a journey, motion, or action starts.
    "she began to walk away from him"
    • indicating the distance between a particular place and another place used as a point of reference.
      "the ambush occurred 50 yards from a checkpoint"
  2. indicating the point in time at which a particular process, event, or activity starts.
    "the show will run from 10 to 2"
  3. indicating the source or provenance of someone or something.
    "I'm from Hartford"
    indicating the date at which something was created.
    "a document dating from the thirteenth century"
  4. indicating the starting point of a specified range on a scale.
    "men who ranged in age from seventeen to eighty-four"
    • indicating one extreme in a range of conceptual variations.
      "anything from geography to literature"
  5. indicating the point at which an observer is placed.
    "you can see the island from here"
  6. indicating the raw material out of which something is manufactured.
    "a varnish made from copal"
  7. indicating separation or removal.
    "the party was ousted from power after sixteen years"
  8. indicating prevention.
    "the story of how he was saved from death"
  9. indicating a cause.
    "a child suffering from asthma"
  10. indicating a source of knowledge or the basis for one's judgment.
    "information obtained from papers, books, and presentations"
  11. indicating a distinction.
    "the courts view him in a different light from that of a manual worker"

So gonna go with 3 as I did. Other than that your sentence has nothing to do with college or being famous or getting famous at, etc.
Edited by Fox007

59 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't believe it either, but there's the Urban Meyer connection to Fields and the fact that he's kind of a wild card at the NFL level.

I wouldn't say zero chance, but probably less than a fraction of 1%.

I have heard, weeks ago now, that Meyer is enamored with Lawrence. Any other scenario is an exercise in fantastic imagination.