• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ARTICLE: Panthers want to make a run at Deshaun Watson...clearing cap space to do so

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

That poo hurts thinking about it though huh. I am not sure if they'd consider YGM to be on the level but sure I'd do that if the Texans would.

That's kind of a tough sell for me.

Said elsewhere: Put yourself in their shoes. You're trading away a young franchise quarterback and also looking to replace JJ Watt.

The team you're negotiating with has Brian Burns but offers you Yetur Gross-Matos instead.

What's your reaction?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Said elsewhere: Put yourself in their shoes. You're trading away a young franchise quarterback and also looking to replace JJ Watt.

The team you're negotiating with has Brian Burns but offers you Yetur Gross-Matos instead.

What's your reaction?

I can't answer that and be unbiased because as a Panther fan wanting Watson I'd love to have that be the case instead.

But It'd depend on how our pro scouts rate YGM and weigh it compared to the number of picks on offer which is 3 firsts at a minimum but what else is anyone's guess atm.

6 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I feel that the Panthers have a real chance to get this done (if the Texans are willing), but they can't half-azz an offer and stay in contention. 

What is in our favor is he wants to come back to the area badly and Clemson can lobby for us and his no trade which is an obstical in Houston shipping him just anywhere.

Edited by rippadonn

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Aaron Wilson's "quarterback limbo" article lists three or four teams that Watson is interested in.

It mentions us, but doesn't really say anything about Watson preferring us.

A lot of people read articles and just take that poo as is without even trying to hear what is actually being said. A "here are my(some random ass media person) 4 locations for X player" Then they take that as the player themselves actually wanting to go somewhere.

Really not a surprise considering the complete misses to your basic queries on here. He set up a scenario and asked a question? That means he believes it! 

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

A lot of people read articles and just take that poo as is without even trying to hear what is actually being said. A "here are my(some random ass media person) 4 locations for X player" Then they take that as the player themselves actually wanting to go somewhere.

Really not a surprise considering the complete misses to your basic queries on here. He set up a scenario and asked a question? That means he believes it! 

I'd take Aaron Wilson over Mike Florio any day of the week, even if he was saying something I didn't want to hear.

Wilson established himself as one of the best reporters in the NFL back when he was the Ravens insider.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

What's your reaction?

I wouldn’t expect them to do it with him alone, pair two of the three I mentioned up. It’s unlikely I know, I’m just brainstorming. 

3 hours ago, USC/panthers_11 said:

I hope Tepper doesn't turn into another meddling owner.

Does the new GM and Rhule really want to tie up their entire future into 1 player? It doesn't seem like a risk they would want to take.

then again we never make risks like this and we have 0 superbowls why not just take it and see if we can pull it off we have nothing to lose if we dont get watson this is a 7-9 team at best 

• Pie 1