• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Suppose CMC is part of the deal for Watson

DaveThePanther2008

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Cmac is the only player we have that has the ability to score on any play he touches the ball.

Have you forgotten all the times he's broken 40 plus yd tds?

I am not sure what answer you expected to this question but it is 5 times in 1014 touches(this includes the playoffs). 

2017: 0 TD's of 40+ yds.

2018: 1 TD's of 40+ yds.

2019: 4 TD's of 40+ yds.

2020: 0 TD's of 40+ yds. 

DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel also all have the ability to score anytime they touch the ball.

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Can we stop throwing his name around in a deal. If we trade cmc we take an automatic cap hit of 21 million. That is almost IMPOSSIBLE .That makes watson salary hard to even carry over here.

Yep.  This.

Can someone remind me why in the hell we gave him a ridiculous contract extension 2 years early?   That has to be one of the dumbest moves in recent history.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Can we stop throwing his name around in a deal. If we trade cmc we take an automatic cap hit of 21 million. That is almost IMPOSSIBLE .That makes watson salary hard to even carry over here.

Yeah, I would love to be able to move CMC's contract but that probably can't happen for another offseason or two with the dead cap hit it entails. We are essentially talking about what Houston is staring down the barrel of, a massive contract that was just signed and taking the maximum amount of dead cap hit possible for that contract. 

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not sure what answer you expected to this question but it is 5 times in 1014 touches(this includes the playoffs). 

2017: 0 TD's of 40+ yds.

2018: 1 TD's of 40+ yds.

2019: 4 TD's of 40+ yds.

2020: 0 TD's of 40+ yds. 

DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel also all have the ability to score anytime they touch the ball.

No they don't. The 3 of them combined barely exceed his value.

Just like all our recievers in 2015 didn't add up to one Steve Smith. 

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

No they don't. The 3 of them combined barely exceed his value.

Just like all our recievers in 2015 didn't add up to one Steve Smith. 

I don't think you really have any concept of player evaluation nor positional value in the modern NFL. 

Edited by kungfoodude

9 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I am very much against trading CMC and Houston has indicated they want defensive players but for conversation.

What if we ended up trading CMC to get Watson.  Do you think Reggie Bonnafan could fill the role of CMC?  I know he's not as electric but has shown he can make big plays from the same position.

If CMC were put in the package I would have to believe that Fitterer and Rhule might believe that Reggie could be a CMC-light. 

I think if we trade CMC then resigning Samuel becomes a priority. Bringing back Mike Davis would be a plus. 

• Pie 1