• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton says he “intimidated” Panthers...

DFive

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rivera never really stood behind Ken Dorsey when it came to Newton. There was a lot of talk that Newton and Dorsey's relationship was more like buddies than coach and player.

A lot of us didn't think much of Dorsey as a quarterback coach because of it.

Then he went to Buffalo and helped make Josh Allen what he is now.

Or maybe, just MAYBE, Josh Allen is better than Cam Newton. 

**Ducks head**

don’t kill me!

• Pie 1

Not shocking to see there are still a whole of lot of morons who can’t seem to show respect and appreciate the single most important player in franchise history. Even the biggest cam hater can’t deny that. 

there have been better players in those 26 season, but there has not been one more important. 

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

New England was 13th in Pass Block Win Rate and 10th in Run Block Win Rate in 2020.

The Panthers were 23rd in Pass Block Win Rate and 7th in Run Block Win Rate in 2020. 

Teddy's Time To Throw was 2.6 seconds(11th in the NFL) and Cam's was 2.84 seconds(27th in the NFL)

Pat's allowed 37 sacks, Panthers allowed 36 sacks.

Cam's average PocketTime(PFR stat for amount of time before pocked collapses or the ball is thrown) was 2.6 seconds, Teddy's was 2.3 seconds.

New England allowed 48 hurries, Carolina allowed 42 hurries. 

New England allowed 109 pressures, Carolina allowed 111 pressures. 

I'd say the scheme probably favored us more than in New England and that our OL was definitely weaker. 

NE attempted 110 fewer pass attempts than Carolina.   NE was 31st in pass attempts (also 31st in pass play percentage)

and yet they almost allowed identical pressures, hurries, sacks, etc.  That doesn't jive with us being the weaker OL.  

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

I mean is this a joke? He was released well into FA when most teams had already committed to their Qb for the year. Most teams don't wait until the end of May or even June to get their starting Qb. Why do people act like this was a "normal" situation Cam was put into this year? I mean look at the offense he played in Damiere Byrd was his #1 Wr. If the Pat's had a bonafide #1 and a healthy Edleman Cam's stats would look A LOT better. 

Its just funny to me that people use that season to determine if Cam can still be a starting QB in the NFL or not. He had a month to learn his offense and was throwing to a bunch of UDFA ST players And he still won more games than the Carolina Panthers with a MUCH MUCH WEAKER supporting cast. If Cam Newton is done then Matt Rhule doesn't deserve to coach another down of football if he couldn't even win more games than a bum Cam Newton with a month to learn a new system with dogsh*t weapons.

Cam is washed up.

He was never a great passer and now he consistently bounces passes to his receivers. 

• Poo 1

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

I enjoyed Cam while he was here and wish him nothing but the best going forward.

However, I don't believe making these sort of statements is helpful for anyone involved.

Somebody a while back suggested to me that I should listen to football players the same way I listen to pro wrestlers.

Not sure that's always true, but I have found some cases where it works.

For example, characterizing the only team that made an offer as "the team that made the most sense" kinda fits that filter.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

NE attempted 110 fewer pass attempts than Carolina.   NE was 31st in pass attempts (also 31st in pass play percentage)

and yet they almost allowed identical pressures, hurries, sacks, etc.  That doesn't jive with us being the weaker OL.  

The Pass Block Win Rate tells some more of that story. Let's also be completely honest, Cam is always going to tend to get sacked more because he tends to try to make bigger plays. That does force the OL to block for longer(reference his 27th ranked Time To Throw). 

That is also a criticism you can throw at quite a few of these modern scramblers(Russell Wilson comes to mind).