• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A comprehensive breakdown of the top QBs in the draft.

Verge

56 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Could not agree with this more! If we have the talent we think we do at coach and GM, any one of these could be developed into a great QB for our franchise, and not have to sell the farm to do so as seems to be the case for Watson. 

And just to add this point. I cant even understand why some people are willing to give up 3 years worth of 1st round picks and CMC for a player that is admittedly great, but wants out because he is not happy with the process UPPER management used to evaluate other upper management.  Players are the stars and face, but lowest in terms of the hierarchy within the team. Its like the Wal-Mart cashier giving input and decided not to ome to work because they heard about how the regional manager hires the store manager. That is not the kind of diva I want. 

So if the company you are working for is being led by a dolt that keeps other dolts in management positions, you are just going to be a good little dog and stick it out? 

I assume you have worked for the same Wal-Mart for 25 years?

Awesome work.

Lance is super intriguing. Also really loved Fields at times but the inconsistency thing is true. 

If we don't get Deshaun, we almost HAVE to trade up for a QB.  Picks 2-4 are complete wildcards (NYJ, MIA, ATL (maybe Houston ends up 2 or 3).  Then, I totally see 5, 6, & 7 all being tradable for a team wanting a QB (because they want to leapfrog us knowing we want one). 

We have to be aggressive for it.  Methinks we're somewhat downplaying interest in Lance bc we really like him.  I'd love to trade up to #5 or 6 for him just to ensure the pick and show him he's the guy we want, not just some QB that fell to us and we're taking the next best.  I like his potential over the lot not named Lawrence.  I don't see MIA picking a QB.  They're either trading for Watson or rolling with Tua year 2.  Atlanta? I can see them grabbing Fields for some reason with the security of giving Ryan one last hoorah. So then that CIN pick becomes a spot to trade into.

14 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Stay at 8, get Lance or a long term LT.

It is time to have a top flight OLine.  One of Pittsburg's trademarks during their Super Bowl runs was an outstanding OLine.  When one was ready to leave or wanted more money.  They just plugged another on in and off they went without missing a beat.

Interesting that you said Wilson seemed to carry his team at times when I got the distinct opposite impression when watching the games + looking through the gamebooks. At the very least against lesser competition early in the season they were running the ball and barely asking him to do much with it.

I've got to go back and re-watch his later stuff, but those first 4 games were all the TCU run game. Dude's arm talent LEAPS off of the screen tho.

52 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

So if the company you are working for is being led by a dolt that keeps other dolts in management positions, you are just going to be a good little dog and stick it out? 

I assume you have worked for the same Wal-Mart for 25 years?

I appreciate your assumption. You couldn't be more wrong however. If i were a dolt that worked at wal-mart, my feelings would have been exactly the opposite of what I said, and agreed that low level employees dictate management level decisions.  

You must be one of those fathers that let your kids dictate to you how to be a parent, yes? See how I did the same assumption on you?

Nice try though. Cheers. 

57 minutes ago, Ready 2 Win said:

I appreciate your assumption. You couldn't be more wrong however. If i were a dolt that worked at wal-mart, my feelings would have been exactly the opposite of what I said, and agreed that low level employees dictate management level decisions.  

You must be one of those fathers that let your kids dictate to you how to be a parent, yes? See how I did the same assumption on you?

Nice try though. Cheers. 

Okay, so you are quite the "diva" too?

At least you are self aware enough to admit that. 

6 hours ago, Ready 2 Win said:

Could not agree with this more! If we have the talent we think we do at coach and GM, any one of these could be developed into a great QB for our franchise, and not have to sell the farm to do so as seems to be the case for Watson. 

And just to add this point. I cant even understand why some people are willing to give up 3 years worth of 1st round picks and CMC for a player that is admittedly great, but wants out because he is not happy with the process UPPER management used to evaluate other upper management.  Players are the stars and face, but lowest in terms of the hierarchy within the team. Its like the Wal-Mart cashier giving input and decided not to ome to work because they heard about how the regional manager hires the store manager. That is not the kind of diva I want. 

The situation of an NFL quarterback is in no way shape or form similar to that of a retail associate, please stop

One is worth hundreds of millions of dollars due to the scarcity of their skills and the sheer amount of revenue their labor generates, affording them more power naturally, the other is an exploited worker underpaid for their labor, they couldn't be more different wtf