• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson's Camp Have Discussed Trade Destinations With SEA; Trade Could Happen, "in the near future."

Proudiddy

Just now, kungfoodude said:

A say in personnel is a problem, a say in scheme is reasonable. He wouldn't be the first QB in the NFL to have some say in the scheme. 

You have to also admit that sometimes Seattle's tendencies are a bit obvious and I do think that has a lot to do with Pete. 

I say that as a fan that really likes Wilson and Pete Carroll. 

Carroll was an unsuccessful NFL coach for a lot of years before he got to Seattle. Honestly, Carroll's base philosophies aren't all that different from Ron Rivera.

And while a say in the scheme could be considered reasonable (especially with a really smart quarterback) there's also what's described in the Athletic article. Specifically, where Wilson was struggling as a passer and Carroll wanted to go back to running more but Wilson resisted.

Most players have huge egos and are all generally going to bet on themselves.

Their advice at times might not always be the most objective.

1 hour ago, Mage said:

The guy wins football games and has literally never had a season that wasn't at the very least good.  And he has been undeniably great for 5 out of the last 6 seasons.  He's also one of the most clutch QBs of all-time.

Who the hell cares if he is a diva?

Probably any GM that doesn't want to relinquish personnel decisions to a player.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

He goes to Miami and that Watson asking price bottoms out. Would essentially come down to us or the Jets. 

Jets could still put together a nice package but they'd have to ask themselves what price is worth DW and what price is worth picking a QB at 2 and saving assets and money. 

If he goes to Miami or NY and Watson stays in Houston--we are screwed.  Then Seattle takes their spot, and they WILL draft a QB.  I am not certain both NYJ and/or Miami will.

I do not think Miami takes a qb in the draft.  They do not have the cap to bring in Wilson comfortably. Instead, they stay with their QB on a rookie contract, use the 2 picks to draft WR and OL.

Houston was not mentioned here because they do not have Watson on the table, but imagine a Wilson for Watson trade?  I would guess that the Texans would get a 2022 first rounder in addition (age).

We aren't even listed as an option because he has no interest in coming here. So, there really is no argument to be had at this point.

What I hope for is for Wilson to go to the Jets. That would eliminate a strong option for Watson. I feel Miami is more likely to stick with Tua than the Jets are to stick with Darnold.

Another thought, the Jets have (2) first this year, and (2) more 1st next year. With Wilson being 32 years old, maybe the Jets can keep pick 2 by trading their later 1st this year, both 1st next year, a total of (3) 1st along with Darnold. If the Jets keep pick 2 and land Wilson, we could look at moving up to pick 2 for Zach Wilson

So, we could benefit in the pursuit of Watson, and if that fails, possibly have a chance at QB2 in the draft

Edited by TheProcess

Russell still managed 4200 yards, 40 TDs, 13 INTs, 68% comp, with apparently all this drama, an awful OL, and a super inconsistent run game.

Best overall #s of his career.  They were talking about him as MVP up until week 8ish. 

He's got plenty of years in the tank.

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

They have Cooks, Cobb and Fuller. We had Moore, Anderson, and Samuel. 

According to PFF our line was ranked 18th, theirs was ranked 23rd. Their run blocking was ranked 30th.

So I would say yes, our roster from last season was an upgrade from theirs.

Edit: PFF ranked our defense 17th, theirs was 27th.

When we are winning more games with Teddy than they are with Watson it pretty much shows you they have no talent.

right I agree the Panthers would have won more games with Watson than Teddy last year, that's a given, but enough to put the Panthers in the playoffs? No I definitely disagree. The defense was terrible most of the year, went an insane amount of time without forcing even a punt, 3rd and longs were a given most of the time. If you really think the team would be that much better with a better QB I really think you should examine the rest of the roster. 7-9/8-8 isn't worth dumping 3-4 first round picks for. Team needs to get a lot better around the QB spot.

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

Russell still managed 4200 yards, 40 TDs, 13 INTs, 68% comp, with apparently all this drama, an awful OL, and a super inconsistent run game.

Best overall #s of his career.  They were talking about him as MVP up until week 8ish. 

He's got plenty of years in the tank.

Hard to say--I posted an article recently from 2018 or so that showed how he was the second most hit QB (career) in the NFL--Cam was #1.  The hits add up, like a boxer, until one day you can't answer the bell or throw a punch.  Russell (based on my views) does not take on the force of the contact like Cam--so maybe apples and oranges.

I just think Russell is a prick, and do not know why I hate him.  That "Go hawks" at the end of interviews, the ego, etc.