• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McClain Insinuates Deshaun is Far-Fetched for Panthers

Troys99x4

8 minutes ago, Verge said:

McClain likely wrong yet again. 

I keep saying that McClain is not trusted by Texans fans. Not sure why Panthers fans should lean on him more than his own city's fans. He also had no clue to JJ Watt was going to AZ (no one did, really).

And I think all the talk of #8 needing to deliver them a QB this year is silly talk. With no Watson, they are the worst team in the league and will have the #1 pick in 2022. That's when they get their QB, who at worst will be the 2nd best QB in franchise history after Watson. This team has trotted out the likes of Matt Schaub, Brock Osweiler, and Sage Rosenfels for years. Rattler, Howell or some meteoric rising kid will easily be better than them.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

I hope he's right. One single player is not worth the huge price tag they're asking. Pat Mahomes is the only player in the NFL worth what they want. 

He’s wrong, I don’t think the deals out there for Watson will be that much either. I think the price will keep coming down a little as we near draft.

• Pie 1

It's obvious the Texans dont want to win this year. They are going  into a total reset and Casserio is loving it. All he has to do is get a poo load of capital for next year and he is in the running for the nation's best next year. 

Look at their staffing hires... it screams one year rental.

• Pie 1

There is some validity to what he saying, but the other side might be thee also.

Maybe the Jets and Dolphins aren’t as desperate as us because they are comfortable with their non-Watson options. 

Maybe the Jets can make a better offer because of Wilson or maybe they aren’t willing to make a great offer because of Wilson.  Works both ways.

I know most people think this is going to be a QB top heavy draft, but when he says Houston wouldn't get a QB with 8th pick he doesn't know that.  Houston got Watson with the 12th pick and had two QB's drafted ahead of him in 2017 . You just never know with the draft.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

There is some validity to what he saying, but the other side might be thee also.

Maybe the Jets and Dolphins aren’t as desperate as us because they are comfortable with their non-Watson options. 

Maybe the Jets can make a better offer because of Wilson or maybe they aren’t willing to make a great offer because of Wilson.  Works both ways.

Pretty much my thinking as well.

If you’re the Jets or Dolphins how far are you willing to go when you’re already sitting in positions to either grab a top 3 QB or roll with the one you just drafted?

I personally believe the Jets would be better off staying at 2 and trading down.

The Dolphins are the ones who most scare me but they too have two 1st rounders this year. Obviously liked Tua enough to take him #5 overall. How desperate are they?

And then there’s us... a new owner who is desperate to win games and is “obsessed” with Watson. At the end of the day, the Texans need to take who offers the most versus the difference between 5 spots in just this years draft. Tepper may just keeping tossing in picks until he gets a yes from Houston

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Over miami? 

Who says Miami and/or the Jets are willing to go all-in in order to land Watson?  Perhaps they are comfortable holding onto all their assets, and don't want to give absolutely everything up to get Watson?