• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms “no way the panthers draft Lance at 8”

GoobyPls

18 minutes ago, Mage said:

I'm not saying I want Jones at #8, but having him over Lance is not nearly as outlandish as some of you are making it.  Jones mechanically is so far ahead of Lance it isn't even funny.  Lance has a higher upside but I'd argue Jones' floor is a lot higher than Lance's.

With Lance, you truly just don't even know what you are getting over a very athletic QB.

This right here ^^^

54 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I love the internet.

What does an ex-NFL QB know about QB play? Nothing, when it doesn't fit with your narrative.

Or maybe go watch some film...they even covered the pro style aspect when Wentz was coming out of that school as well.

Do some homework, just because a former player comments, doesn't mean it's always backed by research. There are plenty of terrible takes from former players in the media. 

4 minutes ago, Aquemini said:

It is either Lawrence, Wilson (neither which are happening) or fold and try again next year. Jones or Lance @ 8 (or even in the first) would be a dumbass decision.

It is not good to be desperate. Fact of the matter is, Carolina trotting out a QB markedly better than Bridgewater in 2021 is slim to none.

Maybe try to hit on Ehlinger in the 4th or something.

IF we decide not to QB at 8, there will be a lot of perennial all-pro talent sitting on the board. Gonna be a hoot to watch. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Aquemini said:

Indeed. Really hoping we don't take a QB because to me outside of Lawrence and Wilson, it ain't good.

I agree that anyone other than those 2 at #8 will be a reach, but I hate the idea of rolling with TB again. I feel doubly hurt because I gave him the benefit of the doubt when we signed him and he poo all over me.  

4 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I agree that anyone other than those 2 at #8 will be a reach, but I hate the idea of rolling with TB again. I feel doubly hurt because I gave him the benefit of the doubt when we signed him and he poo all over me.  

They could still trade for somebody like Darnold. Or sign of free agent like Trubisky.

I know those aren't popular options but if the alternative is Bridgewater...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If that's the path and Sewell or Slater is there, that's definitely who I want.

Agree! From a position value, LT is right behind QB. Having a 5th year option on one would be great. Also, Farley and Surtain can't be overlooked. Pride needs more time to develop, and Jackson, I think, is ultimately better suited as nickel due to his size. Drafting a lock down corner and moving him there would be upgrading 2 starters at once.

1 hour ago, Mage said:

I'm not saying I want Jones at #8, but having him over Lance is not nearly as outlandish as some of you are making it.  Jones mechanically is so far ahead of Lance it isn't even funny.  Lance has a higher upside but I'd argue Jones' floor is a lot higher than Lance's.

With Lance, you truly just don't even know what you are getting over a very athletic QB.

I'd much rather have Jones over Lance. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1