• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms “no way the panthers draft Lance at 8”

GoobyPls

Im not sold on Lance but i think its obvious we select him at 8 if we dont move up. Warts and all, hes going to be a hot commodity. An outside chance we trade the pick to someone else if we dont think hes the guy. 

Also its quite possible we, or another team, move up to take him at 5. 

I think Rhule probably doesnt want to do that, but i get the feeling Tepper wants to make a statement for a qb. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Another reason why we aren't tanking. We're taking a shot on somebody. Anybody.

I don't necessarily agree with that approach because I think that thought played a big role in us ending up with Teddy. We came to the conclusion that Cam's shoulder was shot and made the call to move on. There was a guy who had worked with Brady in the past and ran a very similar offense, what could go wrong? Well, evidently a lot.

The main thing could be that guy has a set of garden peas between his legs. combined with a weak ass arm

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Minshew and Trubisky are my last resort guys. I'd rather try one of them out than roll with Teddy again, but really hoping we can land a better prospect.

9 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

How many wins does Minshew or Trubisky result in? I dont think either of these guys are the future. I would rather throw a true scrub out there so we can get an actual QB next offseason than roll with mediocre.

Sure, they're not ideal, but I'm just concerned about the cost/benefit ratio of landing a big fish. I just don't want to compromise the building of the team in an effort to get our answer @ QB. The "at any cost" mentality doesn't make sense to me. It will just make things unbalanced imho.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The main thing could be that guy has a set of garden peas between his legs. combined with a weak ass arm

I honestly think his complete aversion to risk is a bigger issue than his arm strength. His arm is definitely subpar for an NFL QB, but it wasn't AS bad as I expected it to be. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Sure, they're not ideal, but I'm just concerned about the cost/benefit ratio of landing a big fish. I just don't want to compromise the building of the team in an effort to get our answer @ QB. The "at any cost" mentality doesn't make sense to me. It will just make things unbalanced imho.

I get that. I'm all for being very aggressive, but only for a guy we REALLY like.  I don't want to see us get aggressive to go after the 3rd or 4th option on our list.

• Beer 2

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I would too but I absolutely do not think we're going to do that. We had the perfect opportunity for a "tank" season last year and we passed on it.

I think of the QB's we can realistically obtain they want Watson, Fields, or Lance. I don't see us making a move unless its for one of those 3.

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think if we sign Watson, draft Lance, draft Fields, or draft Mac....we will form into two huddle tribes of rage.   

I only see us uniting as one if Teddy starts. 

That is the funny part.  Why rag over something you have absolutely no control?  The only thing I rag over is the officiating if it's not in our favor.  And then I kick myself for getting upset over a game. 

But that's me.  I laugh when I see someone type "I'll be fine with" or "I'll be ok if" statements.  That's just weird to me.

Carry on.

• Pie 1