• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers might trade up according Jason loc aflorla if they can't get Watson

Panthers316

Just now, SizzleBuzz said:

So who is the best option in a trade-up scenario?

Because the Watson scenario is a complete non-starter....

Miami? I doubt the Falcons will trade with us. Cincinnati is an option is a QB is still available since they don’t need one.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:
12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

It reeks of desperation.

I disagree I feel the Watson trade would be desperate. 

It's laughable really...

...akin to a toll-taker on the Cross-Bronx-Expressway thinking he has a shot at the Uptown Girl just because his office is "uptown"...

...LOL.

The incessant pining for DW is rooted in pure fantasy and literally nothing more....

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Flames 1

To be honest, I think this is the only way we get a QB in the draft.  There are many teams that will be willing to trade up and snag one of those QBs.  If one team moves up with a team like Cincinnati or even Miami than you can bet at least 4 will be gone.  

We have to have Watson before draft day, if not, than we need to be the aggressor and make a move.

I hate trading up and would rather trade down and get more picks.  

17 hours ago, Aquemini said:

How does trading the farm for QB, then paying that QB top money instill any optimism in you when Newton, for 14 mil is going to have NE a SB56 winner?

So you are basing an argument on some improbable vision of the future that is not at all based on recent history (the Patriots missed the playoffs for the first time in 20 years)? 

Nice.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

To be honest, I think this is the only way we get a QB in the draft.  There are many teams that will be willing to trade up and snag one of those QBs.  If one team moves up with a team like Cincinnati or even Miami than you can bet at least 4 will be gone.  

We have to have Watson before draft day, if not, than we need to be the aggressor and make a move.

I hate trading up and would rather trade down and get more picks.  

Over the next few days we will see what people think of Trubiski.  I have no idea where he might land-or what he will get-but that is a good barometer. 

I have mixed feelings about the run on QBs in the draft.  First, yes we are going to have to move up (But we beat the WTFs!) and there will be a lot of competition for the pick, so we have to pay top asking price. 

Edited by MHS831

9 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Lmfao keep believing that..m Also read the contract structure its a 3.5-7M dollar deal the rest is fluff.

Last year, I think, he could have earned about $7m with incentives.  He did not make them.

I would kinda love to see Cam regain some form of his old self because I pull for him, but that seems unlikely.  And if he does, there will be Camolites on here saying, "We should have re-signed him!! What were we thinking?  Well, he has had 1 good season (2017) since the Super Bowl (50).  He wanted in the $30-35m range.  Yeah, that would have been smart.

• Flames 2