• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's Draft General thread 2021

Verge

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. They are usually hand timed versus laser timed. The NFL laser timing is a little suspect too but at least it is standardized across the board. 

The laser timing eliminates most of the head starts/premature stops due to the person clicking the stop watch, I trust the lasers lot more.. I don't understand how colleges still dont use them my middle school had them in 2001 to clock 40s and c02 car races for woodshop.

• Poo 1

27 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The laser timing eliminates most of the head starts/premature stops due to the person clicking the stop watch, I trust the lasers lot more.. I don't understand how colleges still dont use them my middle school had them in 2001 to clock 40s and c02 car races for woodshop.

Shenanigans are part of the sell.

• Pie 1

Folks are doing a lot of work to try and refute the man's clear athletic talent that was also combined with his production.

Not saying he's a sure thing in the NFL, but with those measurables AND tape, he's definitely sneaking his way into the back end of the first round after being rumoured there months ago. If not then, I can't see him escaping round 2. Considering he was considered at worst a day 2 prospect, I think that's a good thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Folks are doing a lot of work to try and refute the man's clear athletic talent that was also combined with his production.

Not saying he's a sure thing in the NFL, but with those measurables AND tape, he's definitely sneaking his way into the back end of the first round after being rumoured there months ago. If not then, I can't see him escaping round 2. Considering he was considered at worst a day 2 prospect, I think that's a good thing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Refute? He's a fantastic athlete for the position..... his measurables are almost identical to Brian Burns.... but he's definitely not a true 4.3 guy.

• Poo 1

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Refute? He's a fantastic athlete for the position..... his measurables are almost identical to Brian Burns.... but he's definitely not a true 4.3 guy.

Comparisons to Mike Mamula + Dion Jordan, focusing on sacks as the sole metric for production, a hyper focus on the 40yd dash time despite the fact that he measured high in multiple drills, etc isn't refuting clear athletic talent that was also combined with production?

Again, not saying the man is a sure thing in the pros, but with those measurables he WILL get opportunities on the field and he's likely improved his earnings by literal millions. I'm not sure what the downplaying of the prospect does (not like we're targeting edge rusher in the first two rounds), but they can cook I guess?

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Icege said:

Comparisons to Mike Mamula + Dion Jordan, focusing on sacks as the sole metric for production, a hyper focus on the 40yd dash time despite the fact that he measured high in multiple drills, etc isn't refuting clear athletic talent that was also combined with production?

Again, not saying the man is a sure thing in the pros, but with those measurables he WILL get opportunities on the field and he's likely improved his earnings by literal millions. I'm not sure what the downplaying of the prospect does (not like we're targeting edge rusher in the first two rounds), but they can cook I guess?

Sorry I hadn't seen some of the other posts sacks aren't as important as pressure.... He's a fantastic athlete for sure his measurables are very similar to Burns in the ones that are definitive at pro days, I don't think he's a 4.38 guy but a 4.5 guy? Absolutely which is still fantastic for a 6'5 DE I haven't seen him play much tbh.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1