• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

34 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

turnaround? we already suck and have for a while. the texans had 10 wins the year before last and 11 wins the year before that. I bet they are much worse after watson is gone though.

So, they didn't start losing until they started trading all of their draft picks? Hmmm...

• Flames 1

The Carolina Panthers have been doing things mostly the same way for the entirety that the franchise has existed. Few risks yet no back to back winning seasons and certainly no super bowl trophy tucked away anywhere. If you are apprehensive that is understandable but inevitably the franchise was going to make an all-in move for a signal caller if it is this way or in the draft.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Deshaun Watson has almost the same exact record with the Houston Texans since he got there as opposed to the four years before he got there, including 1-2 in the playoffs before he got there, and 1-2 in the playoffs since he’s been there…

Watson is viewed by many people as one of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL, and there is no record to point that out. If you look at Aaron Rodgers, every year he’s healthy in the NFL with the exception of the year that Mike McCarthy got fired, his teams won 10 games. Same thing with Tom Brady, same thing with Drew Brees, same thing with ALL these guys…  Watson somehow gets a pass, when no other quarterback gets a pass for their win/loss record.

You can sit here and pound into the table that Watson is great and that he needs more help. Well, he might have gotten more help if he didn’t sign this gargantuan contract..

Watson is massively, MASSIVELY overrated… It’s really amazing how Teflon that dude is… Was it Bill O’Brien’s fault? Sure. It’s also Deshaun Watson’s. Deshaun Watson is NOT a top 10 quarterback. You are not a top 10 quarterback at 4-11.

Drew Brees has had a losing record 6 times, Aaron Rodgers has had a losing record 3 times, and out of the 3.5 years Watson has been playing he has 1 season with a losing record. I guess I am not seeing the logic here? This isn't to mention that Deshaun Watson carried these teams to the playoffs, he was the team outside of JJ Watt.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

17 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

There's no truth in that poo, yall are just lying about the man now

No need to go back and forth bro. They just don’t like Watson. For what reason, I don’t know, but that’s what it is.

Anyways, I hope Burns or Chinn isn’t in the deal. I’d be alright with Brown, even though I’d like for him not to be involved as well.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Verge said:

Drew Brees has had a losing record 6 times, Aaron Rodgers has had a losing record 3 times, and out of the 3.5 years Watson has been playing he has 1 season with a losing record. I guess I am not seeing the logic here? This isn't to mention that Deshaun Watson carried these teams to the playoffs, he was the team outside of JJ Watt.

That's what happens when you start trading away MULTIPLE 1st rd picks.

6 minutes ago, BigAggieLean. said:

No need to go back and forth bro. They just don’t like Watson. For what reason, I don’t know, but that’s what it is.

Anyways, I hope Burns or Chinn isn’t in the deal. I’d be alright with Brown, even though I’d like for him not to be involved as well.

These types wouldn't know a good QB if he played down the road in Clemson

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Does this include the season he missed due to injury?

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/texans

2019 10-6-0 1st -- AFC South 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Bill O'Brien Roster / Stats
2018 11-5-0 1st -- AFC South 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Bill O'Brien Roster / Stats
2017 4-12-0 4th -- AFC South -- Bill O'Brien Roster / Stats
2016 9-7-0 1st -- AFC South 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs Bill O'Brien Roster / Stats
2015 9-7-0 1st -- AFC South 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs Bill O'Brien Roster / Stats
2014 9-7-0 2nd -- AFC South -- Bill O'Brien Roster / Stats
2013 2-14-0 4th -- AFC South -- Gary Kubiak,
Wade Phillips
Roster / Stats

12 minutes ago, BigAggieLean. said:

Haters gonna hate. Always have, always will. Best just to ignore them. They enjoy trying to take away from someone else's fun because their spirits are broken

seth meyers haters gonna hate GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

29-35 before he got there, 29-35 since he got there. Truth is not a lie. Numbers are numbers.

Watson's record as a starter is 28-25 according to Pro-Football Reference (https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00.htm) which includes 4-12 in 2020.

edit: keep in mind he only started 6 games in 2017, where the Texans were 3-3.  As a started, his year-by-year record is 3-3, 11-5, 10-5, and 4-12.

Edited by mav1234

56 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

The cap savings on shedding TB is wouldn't be the full 20m, But I am curious how you get a 10% increase, even disregarding that fact how going from a 20m hit to a 40M dollar hit is 10%.

20m additional for a better QB. We were already paying around 20 for Teddy if we ditch him we subtract 20m (give or take) plus add 40m for Watson giving us a net increase of 20m which was stated at 10% of our projected salary cap next year.