• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

Just now, Waldo said:

Bucs have been smarter about free agency lately, they won big on the Brady bet. Aranus learned a lot in the league from past mistakes over the years I guess. Hell I didn't think Brady had enough to make it through the year. 

The Jags spend tons and piss it all away while picking top 5 every year. It's been incredible. Jets up their too. Miami gets a nod. 

It may or may not work either way we wont be worse than we have been for the past half decade.

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

No worries QB is the only reason teams win, look at Watsons career year this past season.....

Wait.... Im being handed a card{puts on reading glasses....doesnt have reading glasses..} Hmm it says here the Texans were 4-12 last year.....Hold on being handed another card..... They already traded the 3rd overall pick the year before.....well poo.

Literally no one has said this, you're trying to talk us out of the idea of trading for an elite young QB, you are not the rational one in this equation lol

• Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It has 99% of the attempts.  The only time it has worked was with GOAT coming in, without giving up ANY capital, to a team that was ready for the GOAT.  I'm struggling to see that scenario here in Panther land.  Not even the GOAT himself could get THIS team to a trophy with the assets you are suggesting they give up to get him much less Watson.

It should also be mentioned that starting in 2022 Watsons cap hits will be 21% of the projected salary cap.... no draft picks and certainly no FA spending sprees.

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It has 99% of the attempts.  The only time it has worked was with GOAT coming in, without giving up ANY capital, to a team that was ready for the GOAT.  I'm struggling to see that scenario here in Panther land.  Not even the GOAT himself could get THIS team to a trophy with the assets you are suggesting they give up to get him much less Watson.

1% chance for us then? I think that increased our odds!

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

No worries QB is the only reason teams win, look at Watsons career year this past season.....

Wait.... Im being handed a card{puts on reading glasses....doesnt have reading glasses..} Hmm it says here the Texans were 4-12 last year.....Hold on being handed another card..... They already traded the 3rd overall pick the year before.....well poo.

Which team that made a run in the playoffs was doing it with a subpar QB? Packers, Bucs, Chiefs, Bills were the final 4. Saints and Ravens are usually in the mix. It’s not coincidence that the teams who are constantly in the playoffs making runs have franchise QBs. Seahawks usually are and the Steelers. So yeah he was 4-12 last year one year away from a 10-6 season, beating the Bills in the Wild Card round and losing the Mahome led Chiefs. 

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Literally no one has said this, you're trying to talk us out of the idea of trading for an elite young QB, you are not the rational one in this equation lol

Not talking anyone out trading, just think trading Burns, Brown, three 1sts, three 2nds, two 5th for a elite 4-12 QB with 2 ACLs tears seems a tab much..

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

It may or may not work either way we wont be worse than we have been for the past half decade.

There is a chance we could be tho. The range of possibilities actually has a chunk which consists of worse than the last 5 years. Again look at the Jags and Jets. If we fug up we could end up in a couple of years of cleanup before we talk turnaround. I would use the Texans as an example of how bad it can get but they are special bad right now. 

55 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

When 8 of your 11 losses were directly a result of your failures at QB, then yes, you are one player away.

8 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

You were saying?

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

There's no real comparable situation to this, honestly.  Hard to know the outcome. 

This is definitely a gamble. But I'm happy to have an owner and GM willing to gamble to win. Playing conservative hasn't gotten us a superbowl yet.