• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Adam Schefter, “In speaking to some teams, I don’t think this is going to deter anyone’s interest in trading for Deshaun Watson”

Julio

37 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

It's odd that this is civil and not criminal.  Usually a victim would report to police and file charges.  

Amen, especially forced oral. I mean how can you force oral, pretty easy stop that. The first to suits were more less just character assassination. Now 9 cases, and why are some from a while back and just now coming out, did the Texans protect him? Something just doesn’t smell right. Sexual assault is no joke, but this seems more like blackmail to me. There are people out there that would turn a consensual situation into “force” if money were involved. This reeks of money. I wonder if there will be a counter suit and if so, it will be massive. Lawyers can fug the whole world up.

Edited by philit99
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Guilty or not you can’t trade for him unless your 100% sure these are fabricated claims. Especially the side that had their last owner sell the side because of sexual harassment.

The JR backlash would be considerable...protesters will be at BOA 24/7...local press will be all over Tepper 

it’s over...

2 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

The JR backlash would be considerable...protesters will be at BOA 24/7...local press will be all over Tepper 

it’s over...

Well Mr. Scott12345, if it is shown that these accusations were fabricated, then there would be no need for the local press to be all over anyone.

2 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

U really don’t think someone could pay all these women to come out and say this. Lol we have some real smart people on here. SMDH

Considering a masseuse only makes around 40k per year ... a cash grab situation has to be appealing to some. So there is a possibility that this could be the case here. Not saying I know anything, but it has to be considered. 

if the lawyer wasn’t such a douche, I’d lean toward to women on this one. However, buzbee  keeps me neutral on this. I am waiting on the NFL investigation.

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

U really don’t think someone could pay all these women to come out and say this. Lol we have some real smart people on here. SMDH

1 maybe.  9 no fuging way.  What world are you living in man?  Who is paying them and why?   It makes no sense at all.  Do you have an example of someone paying a girl to straight make up an allegation like this?

Its probably best to just let this play out but one thing for sure is I doubt its resolved by the draft so we should move on. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

1 maybe.  9 no fuging way.  What world are you living in man?  Who is paying them and why?   It makes no sense at all.  Do you have an example of someone paying a girl to straight make up an allegation like this?

Its probably best to just let this play out but one thing for sure is I doubt its resolved by the draft so we should move on. 

lol we should move on...why haven't his sponsors moved on?

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Have you not seen what is going on in Houston u think they could find be doing this to run him in the ground. I’m not saying it’s true but people need not to just blame one person at this time. Nobody on this site knows anything and should just quit trying to speculate 

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Have you not seen what is going on in Houston u think they could find be doing this to run him in the ground. I’m not saying it’s true but people need not to just blame one person at this time. Nobody on this site knows anything and should just quit trying to speculate 

Do you have an example of this happening?  And would someone pay?

Edited by mrcompletely11

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How are you going to show 9 accusations were fabricated?

How would you prove that they were not? Speaking on the basis of probabilities, I would speculate that one of the nine may have a complaint that will result in a cash settlement. Even in the settlement, a lack of evidence would not be a confirmation of guilt, but a desire to put the matter behind him.

When the lawyer comes out and asks for a six figure settlement without litigation, then that speaks volumes about the intention of the filing with the court. The lawyer has since recalled the proposal, but that seems to be an effort to alter public perception.