• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Adam Schefter, “In speaking to some teams, I don’t think this is going to deter anyone’s interest in trading for Deshaun Watson”

Julio

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Does anyone have an example of someone paying a woman to fabricate an allegation against someone for Gods knows what reason?  Maybe it has happened but the google is doing anything for me

Legally, that would be illegal if they filed a complaint with the police for a criminal matter. In a civil case, the need for evidence is not a requirement for a decision. 
What seems likely to me(speculating) the women, or the initial woman made a complaint to the team and it was swept aside because of a lack of evidence. When Deshaun stood firm with his desire to leave the Texans, then that complaint was passed to a lawyer(unethical) who took the matter as a personal vendetta to alter the desire of other teams to acquire the player through means of a trade. It also will have an impact on his bank account, regardless of the impact how minimal it may be.

• Beer 2

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Does anyone have an example of someone paying a woman to fabricate an allegation against someone for Gods knows what reason?  Maybe it has happened but the google is doing anything for me

It might be because ur not that smart. I don’t need google for anything. Sorry if I hurt ur feelings JS

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

And if all they got are those texts then alleging Watson is guilty is wrong. Thanks for proving my point

Da faq you talking about?  I am saying let it play out and see, however I seriously doubt, as you allege, that someone is paying 9 women to do this.  All I am asking is for one example which you cannot provide.  So yeah.......

If this stuff happens all the time as you guys are saying then surely there has to be an example of it happening. 

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

So......no example of what you are alleging.   Got it

omg...there's hundreds if not thousands of cases where plaintiffs in sexual harassment/ misconduct cases have been counter sued for defamation of character.

the lady who began began the "# me too" movement in France by the name of Sandra Muller lost a civil suit filed by her accused perpetrator & was ordered to pay monetary damages for defamation of character  

Johnny depps former wife.

almost ruined his career until everything unraveled and it was shown she made all the abuse charges up. It does happen. But that does not mean these allegations should not be taken seriously. This dumb ass lawyer is muddying the waters even further with his bullshit tho.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, bandu said:

omg...there's hundreds if not thousands of cases where plaintiffs in sexual harassment/ misconduct cases have been counter sued for defamation of character.

the lady who began began the "# me too" movement in France by the name of Sandra Muller lost a civil suit filed by her accused perpetrator & was ordered to pay monetary damages for defamation of character  

I am not saying that.  What you are saying is different.  I am saying how often does a 3rd party pay a woman to make up fictitious allegations.  It may happen but it certainly is not commonplace. 

But all in all this is not going to be resolved in a month I doubt so I still think watson is not coming here

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am not saying that.  What you are saying is different.  I am saying how often does a 3rd party pay a woman to make up fictitious allegations.  It may happen but it certainly is not commonplace. 

But all in all this is not going to be resolved in a month I doubt so I still think watson is not coming here

If The Panthers were able to afford the risk, then they could do it with a significant reduction in the total proposal to the Texans. It is a high risk and high reward depending on the outcome of the case(s). The question is how much risk are they willing to accept.