• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Adam Schefter, “In speaking to some teams, I don’t think this is going to deter anyone’s interest in trading for Deshaun Watson”

Julio

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

No he hasn't! This stuff has mushroomed like nobody's business within the span of essentially three days. Nobody saw this coming except for the ambulance chaser. Even Watson was blindsided from some perspective! Schefter is likely now a bystander rubber-necking just like the rest of us at this point. The only person's credibility at stake at this point is Buzbee's, Watson's, maybe his enablers' (if he had any) and the supposed victims! And Watson obviously has more to lose than just his credibility!

should have done his homework instead of trying for clicks

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-deshaun-watsons-agent-sounds-off-an-attorney-for-12-alleged-victims-says-info-will-be-turned-over-to-police-231401857.html

Through the first seven civil filings, the alleged incidents — one of which Buzbee says happened this month — described by the women varied in details but all shared an underlying theme of alleging that Watson reached out to book personal massage services and then sexualized the sessions in a way that included some degree of assault. One woman alleges Watson forced her to perform oral sex, while others describe being touched by his genitals. One states that Watson’s alleged behavior escalated to an attempted forcible kiss of a woman. Six of the first seven suits describe the encounters as one-time events, while a seventh describes being assaulted on two different occasions.

Edited by KatsAzz

1 hour ago, KatsAzz said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/as-deshaun-watsons-agent-sounds-off-an-attorney-for-12-alleged-victims-says-info-will-be-turned-over-to-police-231401857.html

Through the first seven civil filings, the alleged incidents — one of which Buzbee says happened this month — described by the women varied in details but all shared an underlying theme of alleging that Watson reached out to book personal massage services and then sexualized the sessions in a way that included some degree of assault. One woman alleges Watson forced her to perform oral sex, while others describe being touched by his genitals. One states that Watson’s alleged behavior escalated to an attempted forcible kiss of a woman. Six of the first seven suits describe the encounters as one-time events, while a seventh describes being assaulted on two different occasions.

so one person came back again after being assaulted a first time? im calling horse poo on these allegations..no criminal charges always raises red flags with me

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, tgrfan01 said:

so one person came back again after being assaulted a first time? im calling horse poo on these allegations..no criminal charges always raises red flags with me

What's your prediction of the ultimate outcome?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

13 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

benjamin allbright listed the panthers as one of 3 teams that has cooled off on watson.

Dammit.

If the allegations are true, he needs to be prosecuted and punished to the fullest.  If they are false, the accusers needs to be prosecuted and punished to the fullest, as well.  And if they are false (which is what I'm leaning towards), no one can convince me that McNair wasn't behind this to keep Watson in Houston.  The McNairs, by all accounts I have heard, are fairly despicable people...  and honestly, most billionaires didn't get to where they are by playing nice.

I know it isn't a popular opinion or take in this day and age, but it's just convenient timing and way too many questions (and anonymity) for me to believe these accusations at face value.  If more compelling evidence is presented, I look forward to it, but to me, there is way too much grey area here so far and nothing but hearsay.

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If more compelling evidence is presented, I look forward to it, but to me, there is way too much grey area here so far and nothing but hearsay.

What kind of "compelling evidence" would cause to change your mind?

What would it take?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Dammit.

If the allegations are true, he needs to be prosecuted and punished to the fullest.  If they are false, the accusers needs to be prosecuted and punished to the fullest, as well.  And if they are false (which is what I'm leaning towards), no one can convince me that McNair wasn't behind this to keep Watson in Houston.  The McNairs, by all accounts I have heard, are fairly despicable people...  and honestly, most billionaires didn't get to where they are by playing nice.

I know it isn't a popular opinion or take in this day and age, but it's just convenient timing and way too many questions (and anonymity) for me to believe these accusations at face value.  If more compelling evidence is presented, I look forward to it, but to me, there is way too much grey area here so far and nothing but hearsay.

lol what hearsay? This is coming from the victim’s personal knowledge. You don’t know what hearsay is.

5 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Dammit.

im in your camp here

seems like the hidden warfare now a days is public perception and influence. lots of charades by people powerful enough and with enough influence to manipulate public opinion. real easy now a days with social media

its like fug actual facts, whats important is what the majority of people believe. and so many believe what they see and join in via hive mentality. who influences and wins over the hive wins. so many people concerned with fitting in with the majority point if view, because if you disagree with the majority hive mind, you will be attacked by the self righteous. 

rambling thoughts..  sorry 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, Bostonheelfish said:

lol what hearsay? This is coming from the victim’s personal knowledge. You don’t know what hearsay is.

Sorry, Mr. Wizard, I misspoke...  I meant "he said, she said."  It's completely unsubstantiated claims, with no reliable means to meet the standard of proof beyond the claimants' words, unless further evidence comes out.

13 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

im in your camp here

seems like the hidden warfare now a days is public perception and influence. lots of charades by people powerful enough and with enough influence to manipulate public opinion. real easy now a days with social media

its like fug actual facts, whats important is what the majority of people believe. and so many believe what they see and join in via hive mentality. who influences and wins over the hive wins. so many people concerned with fitting in with the majority point if view, because if you disagree with the majority hive mind, you will be attacked by the self righteous. 

rambling thoughts..  sorry 

No. I agree.  Its a slippery slope, and a very difficult one to navigate.  No doubt, men have run amuck on society and had their way with most everything for centuries, and as a result, a lot of women have suffered in silence.  In an effort to quickly combat and beat back those centuries of toxicity, people and organizations have started to overcompensate for the sake of public relations and perception, so at the very least, when all is said and done, they look like they were standing on the right side of things, whether they believe in that side or not.  

So, on one hand, we should take any and all accusations as serious situations that deserve to be heard and fully investigated...  but, on the other hand, it feels like far too often these accusations do their damage well before that investigation is done and the public image of the accused is irreparably damaged from the outset, regardless of what any discovery and investigation would find.  And that's what sucks...  many people know the power of the accusation is so damning, that they use it as a weapon, and they know if it turns out to be proven false, their goal is already achieved and they suffer no consequences for it.

Again, any accusations of assault or abuse should be handled with the highest degree of care and consideration, but there also needs to be a balance...  if the accusations are false, there needs to be consequences on the back end for the accuser, because the accused, who may be innocent, suffer consequences regardless.

Another element to the story:  The lawyer is lying publicly.   He stated that he had been in contact with the Houston police and they were looking into it.

The Houston Police Department publicly stated yesterday that their had been no contact between them and Mr. Buzbee and were not investigating anything.

That doesn't mean the allegations aren't true.  But this is poo some weird, murky, stuff.