• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers signing WR David Moore

Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Not slept on over here. He got some attention in the senior bowl. Finishes mean. Athletic. I feel like his height pushes him down to the 5th or later.

If he was available at the end of round 4, I am trading up to make sure I get him. Height isn't ideal, but that arm length is

Edited by TheProcess
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Depends on what he does. He's a WR4 tbh that may be able to play the 3.  It's average. 

He was Seattle's 3 in yards and tds.

Those aren't positions they are fantasy terms. He seems to play a variety of actual receiver positions int terms of x,z, etc with some recerses and handoffs like Curtis did.

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

He was Seattle's 3 in yards and tds.

Those aren't positions they are fantasy terms. He seems to play a variety of actual receiver positions int terms of x,z, etc with some recerses and handoffs like Curtis did.

Not saying that this really means a whole lot, as they may have just been trying to upgrade on the cheap, but Seattle did acquire Josh Gordon as their 3, but of course he just fuged it up. I think they gave Moore an opportunity to be that guy, but for whatever reason he just never got the overall production. If you look at his stats, they're very much pedestrian. Now it could've been his situation, or maybe Wilson just didn't need to rely on  him as much, but I wouldn't expect the guy to legitimately move the chains like Samuel. I know Seattle runs a lot, but so do we (or at least we used to). Maybe Moore is on the verge of a breakout, but I've seen him play and I see him as more of a JAG receiver who has his few moments. This is not to take away from what he does, but I think his salary reflects my thinking about him.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

Not saying that this really means a whole lot, as they may have just been trying to upgrade on the cheap, but Seattle did acquire Josh Gordon as their 3, but of course he just fuged it up. I think they gave Moore an opportunity to be that guy, but for whatever reason he just never got the overall production. If you look at his stats, they're very much pedestrian. Now it could've been his situation, or maybe Wilson just didn't need to rely on  him as much, but I wouldn't expect the guy to legitimately move the chains like Samuel. I know Seattle runs a lot, but so do we (or at least we used to). Maybe Moore is on the verge of a breakout, but I've seen him play and I see him as more of a JAG receiver who has his few moments. This is not to take away from what he does, but I think his salary reflects my thinking about him.

Moore play a lot less because of Metcalf, Lockett, and Baldwin that use to be there but still put up 13 tds last three years. Samuel play a lot more last two years but doesn’t have a lot more production. Hell of a deal I love it, definitely wouldn’t pay Samuel what he wanted that’s crazy 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Moore play a lot less because of Metcalf, Lockett, and Baldwin that use to be there but still put up 13 tds last three years. Samuel play a lot more last two years but doesn’t have a lot more production. Hell of a deal I love it, definitely wouldn’t pay Samuel what he wanted that’s crazy 

I wouldn't say it's crazy, we just couldn't afford him. Samuel played more because he's a more versatile and dynamic player! Good receivers will find their way on to the field (under most coaches). 

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I wouldn't say it's crazy, we just couldn't afford him. Samuel played more because he's a more versatile and dynamic player! Good receivers will find their way on to the field (under most coaches). 

Agreed as good as Samuel was he wasn't going to be more than our #3 and with a healthy CMC that is more realistically our #4.... I really liked Curtis going back to Ron Rivera ball and Scott Turner I doubt he lives up to the contract.