• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky on Trey Lance

Troys99x4

8 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

Fields shits all over Lance 

I don't know how anyone can say that with surety! It seems a little disingenuous. Both have some issues, Lance's being that he likely just needs more reps! He's got all the intangibles and the highest ceiling in the class!

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I don't know how anyone can say that with surety! It seems a little disingenuous. Both have some issues, Lance's being that he likely just needs more reps! He's got all the intangibles and the highest ceiling in the class!

Why does he have the highest ceiling? Why wouldnt Zack Wilson? Why wouldnt Fields? Why not Lawrence?

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why does he have the highest ceiling? Why wouldnt Zack Wilson? Why wouldnt Fields? Why not Lawrence?

Because of his arm strength m, running ability, physical makeup and decision making (including quick decision making). He also has the work ethic and leadership abilities that the others have (some might argue moreso). Read all the draft profiles. I'm not the first person that has said this!

9 hours ago, Troys99x4 said:

Critical on the mechanics and the crew seems to agree. Harsh comparison too. 

if Fields runs a 4.2-4.3, you still taking Lance over Fields?

Fields can run a 4.5 and you should still pick him over Lance. 

Fields has the highest ceiling of every QB in the draft.   And was the most accurate passer and displayed the best legs over his college career. 

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Because of his arm strength m, running ability, physical makeup and decision making (including quick decision making). He also has the work ethic and leadership abilities that the others have (some might argue moreso). Read all the draft profiles. I'm not the first person that has said this!

I've read those same things for all of the QBs. Right now the draft is HYPE city for these qbs. I don't think there is any way anyone can say factually with certainty that Lance has the highest ceiling of the class.  If anything.... Lawrence has the highest ceiling of the group bc he has shown it year in and year out that he can play QB at an elite level.

The video is this thread is straight knocking Lance. Should I listen to them and tell you are wrong about Lance?

Edited by TheCasillas

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I am telling you all, when the dust settles, Jones is going to be sitting there---waiting to put on the black and blue hat and hug Roger.  I had a vision....

“I don’t think it would be a reach to get him at eight.

It’s hard to argue that there was a better quarterback in the country in 2020. Along with being a Heisman Trophy finalist, Jones led the country with 4,500 passing yards. He was also deadly accurate. He completed 77.4% of his passes, also No. 1 in the country, and was second in the country with 41 passing touchdowns with only four interceptions.

He did all of this in 13 games.

The Panthers will enter the draft already having some familiarity with Jones.

Jones, who is 6-foot-3 and 213 pounds, was a participant in the Senior Bowl last month, and practiced under the Panthers’ coaching staff. The Panthers staff got a chance to talk to Jones and see him up close and, apparently, Panthers coach Matt Rhule liked what he saw.

“He processes information quickly, highly intelligent, he’s an alpha,” Rhule told reporters. “He’s the first guy on the practice field, he’s the first guy in the runnings, so he’s got a lot of really, really, really strong traits.”

The general consensus among draft experts and scouts is that there are five quarterbacks worthy of a first-round selection. Jones is one of them.

16 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I've read those same things for all of the QBs. Right now the draft is HYPE city for these qbs. I don't think there is any way anyone can say factually with certainty that Lance has the highest ceiling of the class.  If anything.... Lawrence has the highest ceiling of the group bc he has shown it year in and year out that he can play QB at an elite level.

The video is this thread is straight knocking Lance. Should I listen to them and tell you are wrong about Lance?

This is hardly the only video on Lance. Orlovsky says a lot of things contrary and that go against the grain. 

Hey, I could be wrong, but I'm OK with that. Orlovsky could be wrong also, as can Daniel Jeremiah, Booky Brooks, Greg Cosell and others! People must decide for themselves!

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

im not confident in any QB past lawrence this year. This feels very 2011-ish for QBs

It could be 2011 or it could be 2004 or 1983. One thing I'd bet a lot of money on though is that all four won't workout. Somebody is going to bust. Maybe multiple somebodies. But you gotta trust your evaluations. Fear of drafting a bust is a terrible reason to not draft a QB.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Does anyone remember any of these footwork and mechanics questions when Carolina drafted Cam Newton?

Oh, and he's never changed any of it, although there were glimpses of a change after a few injuries, but he is basically the same mechanical QB the Panthers drafted. 

Lance isn't Newton.

Sometimes I think people forget just how special an athlete Cam Newton was.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It could be 2011 or it could be 2004 or 1983. One thing I'd bet a lot of money on though is that all four won't workout. Somebody is going to bust. Maybe multiple somebodies. But you gotta trust your evaluations. Fear of drafting a bust is a terrible reason to not draft a QB.

I am not a scout, nor a gm. So nothing I say should be taken the way as if I was an employee of a professional football team. Im just sharing as a fan, this feels like overhype on meddling talent outside of the # 1 pick in the draft. It carries the same theme.

Then again, NFL each year turns into a more and more qb friendly league, and the air yards per throw are decreasing each year.... so maybe these kids will work out.