• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer and Brady at Zach Wilson pro day

Zod

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

for awhile I was pretty certain a QB would get to 8.  I flip flop on it.  Earlier I just though the media was overhyping it because QBs are just more fun to talk about and get clicks.   4 in the top 10 is pretty high.  You don't see that.  And we aren't dealing w/ 4 Trevors. 

QB is more fun but also the most important position in a team game. I just think the consensus is never 100% and this year it should be lot off. Usually there is 1 or 2 WTF picks in the top 10. What if there are double that this year? If your going to waste a pick, QB probably offers the best reward so that would push up the other 3 more this year. 

I also think that 2020 offered an uneven and hard to analyze year. I honestly don't have a clue how this will shake down, complete chaos to teams playing it safe to business as usual. Either way, 4 QBs better then what we have and 2 LTs that are legit...all we need is 2 teams to take  a LB, CB or Wr and we get a great shot to improve at 2 areas we are desperate for talent.

18 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Absolutely can be much worse than Teddy. 

Definitely true... Teddy was nowhere near the worst QB in the league and far from the worst Panthers QB to play.  But we can't compete at a high level with him, and he underperformed for the talent at skill positions around him... 

And probably most frustrating was he did seem to have the ability to move the offense, just not anything clutch when it mattered...

59 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

If we can't trade up and the top 4 QBs are gone... I don't want to reach.  But certainly we need something new in our QB room...

Where has this this 'top 4 QB' phrase come from?

People throw it around like it's a fact. It really baffles me. 

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Most credible evaluators have Jones as the #3 QB in the Draft. 

Haha. Okay.  We are looking at different evaluators I guess. 

I think Jones will be a massive mistake if we take him at 8, but I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong. 

Maybe someone trades up and drafts him #3... hope it isn't us.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Haha. Okay.  We are looking at different evaluators I guess. 

I think Jones will be a massive mistake if we take him at 8, but I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong. 

Maybe someone trades up and drafts him #3... hope it isn't us.

Same, but for Fields. 

To me it's Wilson / Lawrence - big gap - Fields / Jones - gap - Lance (dude is all potential) - Mond - everyone else.