• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yall ready for teddy?

RumHam

27 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

There's no reason for Teddy Bridgewater to ever start for us again. He's just good enough to keep us out of a prime draft pick. If we don't land a QB somehow I'd just assume start Will Grier and hope he either emerges as a viable QB or is bad enough that we end up with the #1 pick next year.

Or we could just move on from both duds and start PJ Walker if we are actually rebuilding. But the amount of cap space we have incinerated in just one and a half offseasons for a team that has 2 wins within the division since 2019 kind of says otherwise. We have a front office that can't decide what they want to do. Is it any wonder we are saddled with a backup quarterback being paid 20 million a year?

• Flames 1

To me, the way things have unfolded are a blessing. I think we could have hamstrung this team's long-term outlook with the resources we might have given up for Watson or a trade-up.

I still say go get Minshew and trade-down or take BPA. The Panthers are a work-in-progress, and a rookie QB wouldn't have brought us to the mountain top next season - not to mention the bust rate of QBs in general.

It will all be alright. No worries. We'll have our opportunity to get our guy at some point. And if our scouting is really good, it might even happen this year. Patience. Lots of moving parts and things are never as bad as they might seem. Hang in there.

• Pie 1

On 3/26/2021 at 1:43 PM, CanePantherHornet said:

I would rather watch Will Grier than Teddy.

He should've started last year after we got rid of cam. What's the worst that could've happened ? Guaranteed top 3 pick probably. Without that abomination of a contract we gave Teddy 

• Flames 1

I think we can go somewhere around 8-8 with Teddy. He can make enough short and mid-range passes to beat struggling teams and bottom feeders, and we'll knock off a decent team here and there. The problem is that 8-8ish is the worst thing that can happen. It puts us out of range for the top QBs in the draft, and it gives the coaches hope that we're only a few more players away from the playoffs. This is what I call QB limbo. The limbo was started by Rhule when he decided he wanted Teddy rather than letting us bottom out and draft Lawrence. Grier would have led us to Lawrence, or at worst Wilson. Rhule chose QB limbo instead, and now we have to trade the future get of limo, or just keep floundering for several more seasons of pointless 8-8 records.

The only one thing I don't want for the Panthers is QB limbo. I'd much rather bottom out at 0-16 and have the hope of taking the top QB, than win 8 games and have no hope for the future.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I think we can go somewhere around 8-8 with Teddy. He can make enough short and mid-range passes to beat struggling teams and bottom feeders, and we'll knock off a decent team here and there. The problem is that 8-8ish is the worst thing that can happen. It puts us out of range for the top QBs in the draft, and it gives the coaches hope that we're only a few more players away from the playoffs. This is what I call QB limbo. The limbo was started by Rhule when he decided he wanted Teddy rather than letting us bottom out and draft Lawrence. Grier would have led us to Lawrence, or at worst Wilson. Rhule chose QB limbo instead, and now we have to trade the future get of limo, or just keep floundering for several more seasons of pointless 8-8 records.

The only one thing I don't want for the Panthers is QB limbo. I'd much rather bottom out at 0-16 and have the hope of taking the top QB, than win 8 games and have no hope for the future.

Could have let Cam walk after his contract was over and started Will Grier to see if he's any good in live fire. They could have listened to Marty and gone "all out" instead for Justin Herbert like I was begging for them to do on this here site. Wouldn't have looked desperate and all out of sorts as the organization looks now. Self inflicted wound.