• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hopium - We might have a shot at Sewell

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Oh boy we might get a LT, well whoop dee doo. 

Joe Thomas is one of the best LT to ever play and he never played in a playoff game. 

I’m all in on a QB over other positions but if we don’t draft one I’m ok with getting a franchise LT instead. The Browns never got a franchise qb until Mayfield. And that’s not from trying. They drafted so many qbs in the first round while Joe Thomas was there. Hopefully we are luckier. Hopefully Lance or Fields drops to us. Or we trade up to 6.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m all in on a QB over other positions but if we don’t draft one I’m ok with getting a franchise LT instead. The Browns never got a franchise qb until Mayfield. And that’s not from trying. They drafted so many qbs in the first round while Joe Thomas was there. Hopefully we are luckier. Hopefully Lance or Fields drops to us. Or we trade up to 6.

Im just saying LT is only important if you have a QB worth protecting.

The only thing he will accomplish is letting Teddy have longer to toss a 2 yard pass.

Edited by PootieNunu

1 hour ago, frankw said:

The bust rate for tackles high in the first round has not been kind to teams the last decade or so no matter how promising the prospect looks on tape. If we are throwing in the towel I would rather just take Pitts.

That's absolutely false. Tackles have the highest success rate of any position. Doesn't mean their all pro bowlers though.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

That's absolutely false. Tackles have the highest success rate of any position. Doesn't mean their all pro bowlers though.

In the top 10? Agree to disagree on that. I would rather add another offensive target or solidify our corner depth.

13 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Sewell will probably be a bust. I hate taking OT in today’s NFL. Back and the good old days, it was the safe pick. You get a LT for 10 years, now majority of these guys bust. 

Dude you just have the absolute worst takes. Who’s alt are you? Just terrible…

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

you can find plenty of examples of game manager QB teams who did well, and even won the Super Bowl. We saw with Cam that even one hole in the OL can neutralize a great QB.

Sure, and you can find plenty of example of late round qbs panning out. Why don’t we just draft the next Tom Brady in the 6th! And maybe I’ll win the lottery! You can find examples of guys winning the lottery!

10 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I don’t agree with his conclusion that sewell is likely a bust, but the data has changed a good bit in the past decade and top OTs aren’t as safe as they once were. That Eric fisher draft was a real poo show for OTs 

21 hours ago, Trainwreck said:

Sewell will probably be a bust. I hate taking OT in today’s NFL. Back and the good old days, it was the safe pick. You get a LT for 10 years, now majority of these guys bust. 

He shows nothing of bust what so ever. I feel like he may be one of the best sure things in this entire draft. Anyhow, we need somebody to protect Teddy so he can throw us another 15 or so TD passes this upcoming season.

Edited by YourLastThought