• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth: OL or TE?

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Growl said:

this is the literal opposite of what will happen 

it's a long-standing and much mocked trend of the huddle for the Safe Expectations people to decry any player of value being long gone, and one of those players are always there

Aside from Quarterback panic I was pretty impressed that that thought process was scant this off season 

until you ruined it

I'm not one that thinks 15 players are going to be gone by pick 8 like a lot around here but I am pretty confident that 2/3 (Sewell, Pitts, and Slater) will be gone by 8.

Do you think 2/3 will be there at 8?  We can always look back after the draft at this thread.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, we haven't been great at tight end, but we did just sign a decent one.

I don't think you can just broadly lump Pitts in with our other "weapons".  What we need is a red zone threat who can score TDs, and it isn't clear that we have one on the roster right now (outside of maybe CMC).  Pitts could offer unique, much needed utility there.

26 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I'm not one that thinks 15 players are going to be gone by pick 8 like a lot around here but I am pretty confident that 2/3 (Sewell, Pitts, and Slater) will be gone by 8.

Do you think 2/3 will be there at 8?  We can always look back after the draft at this thread.

I don't think it's crazy to think the draft plays out something like this...

#1-4 QB's

#5 Chase

#6 Bama WR

That would leave at least 2/3 at #8

29 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

there's nothing that makes me ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY convinced that a consensus right tackle prospect will be gone by 8, nor would I feel inclined to take him if/when he is

the last thing we need is the team to blow a top 10 pick on a finance move-seeing slater as a great opportunity to not pay Moton and leaving us doing nothing more than ultimately treading water with this pick 

The QBs, Sewell, or I guess since we're having this conversation, Pitts, will be there

I would take Sewell over Pitts, but the Panthers are starting to show their hand imo. Based on what we've been doing lately, I think the Panthers think Sewell will be gone, and we don't want Pitts. That points to our Panthers thinking Trey Lance will be available, and I think that is the pick.

I just recently did my homework on Pitts and slater and both of them are legit.  Uf not qb i got

Sewell, Pitts, slater

The probably is determing if slater is a guard or OT in the league.  I would be excitied to have him but Pitts gets me REALLY excited for the offense. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, MrPickles said:

I don't think it's crazy to think the draft plays out something like this...

#1-4 QB's

#5 Chase

#6 Bama WR

That would leave at least 2/3 at #8

I think Pitts will not make to 7 either.

So the following have 0 chance to be at 8 - Sunshine, Wilson, Jones

10%- Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Fields

50%- Lance, Sewell, Slater

Panthers should be aware......idk about Fritterererr or if Tepper demands a QB. 

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Pitts is unique though.  He is a legit offensive weapon.  And probably the 3rd best player in the draft if ranking them purely as BPA.  Which IMO is Trevor, Chase, Pitts. 

Can’t use him as a weapon if he has to stay in and block all the time...like Olsen had to do so many times for us (including the 2015 SB)

22 minutes ago, Growl said:

there's nothing that makes me ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY convinced that a consensus right tackle prospect will be gone by 8, nor would I feel inclined to take him if/when he is

the last thing we need is the team to blow a top 10 pick on a finance move-seeing slater as a great opportunity to not pay Moton and leaving us doing nothing more than ultimately treading water with this pick 

The QBs, Sewell, or I guess since we're having this conversation, Pitts, will be there

I didn't' say that I thought Slater would be gone by pick 8.

I said that between Sewell, Pitts, and Slater there is a very good chance 2 out of the 3 will be gone by pick 8.

Apparently you don't agree with that, which is fine, we'll see what happens.

16 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I think Pitts will not make to 7 either.

So the following have 0 chance to be at 8 - Sunshine, Wilson, Jones

10%- Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Fields

50%- Lance, Sewell, Slater

Panthers should be aware......idk about Fritterererr or if Tepper demands a QB. 

You could be right. Lions seem like a real wildcard. They could go chalk and take Pitts/Sewell or they could take a WR or go defense or trade down with someone trying to get ahead of us for the 5th QB.