• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone else succumbing to best QB available?

Mr. Herbert

I follow as much as anyone else can claim that they pay attention to Mocks, BPA, Team needs. I know most of this stuff has been covered but I feel that the dynamics of the draft are shifting. The very important QBs are real but the reality of every other position are starting to set in. Like Atlanta may very well love Pitts or Sewell just for example. People forget that teams have traded up mightily to take these spots. Just because they arent Qb focused does not steal from their value. With that said, reading McShays mock where we trade up 1, I hope our FO laughs at the thought. As much as I want one ,If 4 to 5 QBs go in front of us our pick will still be enormously valuable. Think teams are falling into range and we will land our qb. If we take Slater over Lance or Fields, I'll just sit back n eat the popcorn. Cheers my friends. I'm still like a 10 year old kid when it comes to draft time. In case anyone gives a damn this is my list

1  Lawrence

2 Wilson

3 Fields

4 Pitts

5 Slater

6 Lance

7 Sewell

8 Jones

9 Chase

• Beer 3

2 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I’d want a new QB but I’d much rather have BPA over BQBA. 

really don’t want to be an org that just cycles through QBs but it’s hard to see how the team could rally around TB. 

Got a top 8? I'd love your opinion. 

I will be happy with BPA. I honestly don't want us to settle and reach for a QB that we truly didn't want as our first couple choices. Hell, I'd rather just get rid of Teddy and sign a free agent or draft a late round QB and roll with what we have while enjoying an 8th pick BPA and getting ready to take a QB high next year.

3 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I will be happy with BPA. I honestly don't want us to settle and reach for a QB that we truly didn't want as our first couple choices. Hell, I'd rather just get rid of Teddy and sign a free agent or draft a late round QB and roll with what we have while enjoying an 8th pick BPA and getting ready to take a QB high next year.

Kind of with you but it looks like one may fall into our laps without a trade. So do you take say 4th best qb in this class (which is great) or 1st OT?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Herbert said:

Kind of with you but it looks like one may fall into our laps without a trade. So do you take say 4th best qb in this class (which is great) or 1st OT?

That's a tough call. I'd love 1st OT but 4th QB would make me at least seriously consider. If the 4th QB has potential to develop, a solid attitude and the mentality to lead I'd say you would almost have to take the QB. If any doubts then I'd say 1st OT. Glad I'm not making that decision as picking a 4th best QB and making a failed pick could cost someone's job ultimately. If I think I could develop that 4th QB I would probably roll the dice though but I cant have any doubts in the players mental capacity.

• Beer 1

The reality is the franchise hasn't had a true opportunity to get it's next franchise QB since Cam. It not as easy as so many are acting. The franchise took a chance with Teddy, which wasn't wasted. I still believe most just bought into the hype that we were getting Watson no matter what. The shock and brokenness is leaving those people literally hysterical and going crazy. 

We don't have to find our franchise guy this second. If the team likes any of these guys in the draft, then they do what it takes to grab him, and move forward. 

Another year with Teddy isn't terrible. May be a lot better than we think. The team is getting better, and we're still building this team.

Far as I'm concerned,  keep building the team.until ya find the guy ya can't live without, do what it takes to secure his services, and insert him into a talented laden team.  Not the other way around. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1