• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Darnold won't be bad

RIPTreyLance

We have one of the most electrifying offenses across the board in the league. Joe Brady is a very highly regarded offensive coordinator. Some analysts are saying Rhule is the perfect guy for Darnold. 

Christian Mccaffrey is a top 3 security blanket in the league. If all else fails, you know you will have Mccaffrey open somewhere. If Pitts falls to us, I say we absolutely have to pull the trigger! The other 2 trustee security blankets in the league are Kittle and kelce. Pitts I imagine will be joining that group very soon. 

I could also see the argument for Sewell or slater at 8 to protect Samuel. Point is, if you're sam Darnold how do you fail with all that? You can't . This will be Sam's best year yet. He's also gonna be insanely motivated to change the narrative placed upon him during his jets career. He knows if he can't succeed here he's done. Lots to be excited about. 

Side question, if Sewell, slater and pitts are all available somehow who would you choose at 8?

• Beer 1

Half this board tried to convince themselves this time last year that the Teddy signing was brilliant too. This one likely ends up turning out about the same. Darnold probably has a career year like Teddy did because honestly it wouldn't take much to qualify but it's nowhere near good enough and this time next year half the board is trying to convince themselves that the trade for Jared Goff will be the third time's a charm.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, RIPTreyLance said:

Waldo, you're telling me you aren't even a little excited about what could be? 

It is a commitment to terrible we as Panther fans have not known. I was a kid in Cleveland when the Browns packed up overnight and moved to Baltimore. This is a worse move. We have committed to being terrible but most of the fans here won't admit it. Clean house or know no hope sir. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Beer 1

His skill set does fit the offense we run.

He's definitely not a dual threat QB, but he's no statue either.

Fitterer's comment on what they liked about him indicated that he fit all the characteristics both he and Rhule were looking for in a quarterback.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

His skill set does fit the offense we run.

He's definitely not a dual threat QB, but he's no statue either.

Fitterer's comment on what they liked about him indicated that he fit all the characteristics both he and Rhule were looking for in a quarterback.

So far, it looks like the characteristics they look for begin and end with sucking at QB and being overcompensated.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Half this board tried to convince themselves this time last year that the Teddy signing was brilliant too. This one likely ends up turning out about the same. Darnold probably has a career year like Teddy did because honestly it wouldn't take much to qualify but it's nowhere near good enough and this time next year half the board is trying to convince themselves that the trade for Jared Goff will be the third time's a charm.

A “career year” of 15 passing touchdowns, it’s wild how he was so hyped up.  I agree with you, but the more it’s sunk in I think Darnold will be much better than Teddy.  Our new QB coach worked with Watson (despite his recent stuff he’s a great QB) and Stafford.  Darnold already has a year with 19 touchdowns, more than Teddy has ever had.  He’s young.  It’s the optimist in me, but I think it could work out if our coaching staff is up to snuff. Maybe I’m just trying to convince myself it’ll all be okay.  Deep breaths... deep breaths 

Edited by PandaMan

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is not a good signing but it’s us trying something else out. Who knows, but I’m not necessaroly hopeful for Darnold. Fact is that we’ll open the books next year with Teddy gone and save $8 mil more this year.  Then 2022 he’s only $5 mil dead cap and we’ve got $21 mil more to spend. The misconception of his contract being huge makes the complaining ridiculous.

We’ve still got the same first 5 picks in this draft. Another QB could very well land up here still. Plenty of off-season left and we’re about to get more to spend. Sure, more dead cap but that was exptected and those who weren’t were willing to spend that on Teddy to play again so it’s really a wash minus next year’s second. This is not some huge hit or miss. It’s a medium risk that we took on an important position.

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It is a commitment to terrible we as Panther fans have not known. I was a kid in Cleveland when the Browns packed up overnight and moved to Baltimore. This is a worse move. We have committed to being terrible but most of the fans here won't admit it. Clean house or know no hope sir. 

Dogg, I just left working in Cleveland.

• Beer 1