• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has the trade for Sam Darnold changed your outlook on the 2021 season?

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

Maybe Brady can revive Darnold's career like he did Teddy's

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

Now we are all bad fans. Suck the teat you are given or feel shame! LoL.

How soon can we fire this GM? He might have brain damage.

Much more excited. Now we can use 8 on an immediate contributor, or trade back a bit and get multiple contributors. Darnold has talent but hope hasn’t been ruined by the Jets.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Not really, ass or video games is always better than bad football. Going to be great for me.

Implying you get any ass.....

• Pie 1
1 minute ago, travisura said:

I was 5 years old in 2001 but I remember the 2010 season quite well. I don't think we will be quite that bad this year. If we are the worst team in the league I will be genuinely surprised. 

I have been here since game 1. I get your need for positivity but I've been up to my eyes in crap with the Panthers and have no blind optimism at this point. We are looking bottom 10 qgain at this point. The draft will make or break us. Like I said elsewhere, I hope we lose it all and get that 2022 #1 pick with the moves we have made. We could be setting ourselves up for 10 years of success riding Darnope into the ground in 2021.

3 minutes ago, joemac said:

Implying you get any ass.....

Sounds like you are a little too interested in my ass. Calm them horses son, try and focus on your football fantasies...

31 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

1000 percent more interested. Not only do we have a better QB with more potential, but we get to add an exciting player around him since we don’t have to trade everything for a QB. 

I was probably not going to watch another game until Teddy was done. And now I don’t have to worry about that. 

The beauty of all this us even if Sam Darnold is not much better than Teddy we still weren't guaranteed that any of tjectookie was could have done us any better plus costing us draft capital. Now we can sensibly build thru the draft and if Darnold excels wham we are off in running and if he doesnt well at least a majority of other positions have been successfully upgraded and then we are still looking for our Moby Dick in a QB but maybe that's all we will need on the negative side of it all.

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Sounds like you are a little too interested in my ass. Calm them horses son, try and focus on your football fantasies...

MY football fantasies?  You post here more than Mr. Scot....

• Pie 1

I'm def more excited to see what we actually have in Brady and what could be done with Darnold. Most of all I love us not being pidgeon holed at 8. Love the higher possibility of trading down. I liked the draft last year and am looking forward to seeing what they can do with this draft. IMHO unless Sewell Parsons or Surtain falls to us, trading back and getting a 2nd or 3rd this year along with a 1st next year is tantalizing

Just now, joemac said:

MY football fantasies?  You post here more than Mr. Scot....

No one does and it's a great day to purge all positivity and embrace the incoming poo storm. 

getting the rare opportunity to draft a top flight QB prospect doesn’t come along very often and signing some bust so you can “check a need” and “free yourself up” to draft some HOG MOLLY or other ancillary position that will just waste away here until we luck into a QB is an awful, awful approach that reeks of college coach/ new owner symbiotic stupidity (with a touch of Seattle draft idiocy thrown in for good measure)

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 1

I remain cautiously optimistic. Defense should definitely be better.

I'm interested to see what Darnold does in our offense. If we manage to snag a cornerstone LT in the draft, I'll be very encouraged, regardless of whether Darnold is the guy or not.

• Pie 1