Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Backup RB? Giovani Bernard released.


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

He will be 30 this year.   I'd rather just draft a RB in the later rounds. 

I'm in favor of doing that in addition to signing a vet RB. Not only insurance for CMC but allows CMC to be more versatile lining up in different places.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We know that besides trying to trade for Bernard, we also tried to sign Chris Carson.

It sure sounds like the team has an interest in putting a veteran runningback behind McCaffrey.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We know that besides trying to trade for Bernard, we also tried to sign Chris Carson.

It sure sounds like the team has an interest in putting a veteran runningback behind McCaffrey.

Team knows they need depth behind McCaffrey. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernard sign here. He went to UNC so there's a Carolina connection too.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CRA said:

He will be 30 this year.   I'd rather just draft a RB in the later rounds. 

Wow.  Time has flown...  it seems like it was just yesterday that he took over that game versus State and ran back that punt for a TD.  I know he's had a few injuries, but he has produced when given the touches...  I feel like Cincy always underutilized him.  

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, but being he's a 30 yo RB, I wouldn't bank on him being around after camp, and if he is then that would be a welcomed bonus.

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Wow.  Time has flown...  it seems like it was just yesterday that he took over that game versus State and ran back that punt for a TD.  I know he's had a few injuries, but he has produced when given the touches...  I feel like Cincy always underutilized him.  

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, but being he's a 30 yo RB, I wouldn't bank on him being around after camp, and if he is then that would be a welcomed bonus.

My favorite tarheel

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

I saw this on the news ticker and knew him being a Chapel Hill guy. He's from Florida though. Let one of those teams have him. Rhule said he wanted to get younger on offense and I agree with that.

Bengals beat writer mentioned that his dad doesn't like traveling to games so playing in Miami where his family lives has some appeal to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...