• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Backup RB? Giovani Bernard released.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

He will be 30 this year.   I'd rather just draft a RB in the later rounds. 

I'm in favor of doing that in addition to signing a vet RB. Not only insurance for CMC but allows CMC to be more versatile lining up in different places.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We know that besides trying to trade for Bernard, we also tried to sign Chris Carson.

It sure sounds like the team has an interest in putting a veteran runningback behind McCaffrey.

Team knows they need depth behind McCaffrey. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernard sign here. He went to UNC so there's a Carolina connection too.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

He will be 30 this year.   I'd rather just draft a RB in the later rounds. 

Wow.  Time has flown...  it seems like it was just yesterday that he took over that game versus State and ran back that punt for a TD.  I know he's had a few injuries, but he has produced when given the touches...  I feel like Cincy always underutilized him.  

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, but being he's a 30 yo RB, I wouldn't bank on him being around after camp, and if he is then that would be a welcomed bonus.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Wow.  Time has flown...  it seems like it was just yesterday that he took over that game versus State and ran back that punt for a TD.  I know he's had a few injuries, but he has produced when given the touches...  I feel like Cincy always underutilized him.  

I wouldn't mind bringing him in, but being he's a 30 yo RB, I wouldn't bank on him being around after camp, and if he is then that would be a welcomed bonus.

My favorite tarheel

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

I saw this on the news ticker and knew him being a Chapel Hill guy. He's from Florida though. Let one of those teams have him. Rhule said he wanted to get younger on offense and I agree with that.

Bengals beat writer mentioned that his dad doesn't like traveling to games so playing in Miami where his family lives has some appeal to him.