• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If all 3 still available at #8, who do you take?

NAS

If these three are still available at #8  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you draft?

• Sewell
    • Pitts
    • Surtain

On 4/11/2021 at 9:22 AM, NAS said:

Pitts would be so tempting because he is a generational player, but agree Sewell is our biggest need

I get the hype, but, for the value, would rather have Freiermuth at 39. Good catcher, good blocker, solid play maker.

IF we draft Pitts, I like Radunz as my #39 LT . To answer the OP, I would go Sewell, Surtain, Pitts, in that order.

• Pie 1

On 4/11/2021 at 12:03 PM, NAS said:

Fair. Looks like Sewell is our consensus pick, not even a debate. It’s debatable if he will drop that low or if Dolphins or Bengals snag him before us. 

Don't get me wrong, NAS, I love Pitts.  I just think position value comes into play.  HOWEVER--there is depth at T this year, so we could meet both needs.

Another thing we do not factor in is a player's dispositions. Attitude, work ethic, etc.

Edited by MHS831

I tell you where we screw up at times (maybe not this time, because LT like Sewell make us froth at the mouth)--we compare one player against another one player and then decide how those single players will do on the next level.

But it is a team sport, and there is a bit of "house of cards" approach to the team.  For example, one card may support other cards more than the card you like. 

nobody seemed to want Surtain--a tall, shut-down / zone / press (you name it) CB who would immediately put Bouye and Jackson on lesser WRs--making them better.  In turn, since he does not take the bait on double moves, you can leave him in man on their #1 and use the S to cheat to the other side--which allows players like pride or Jackson or Bouye to play tighter zone coverage.  Better coverage helps the pass rush, so one player makes Burns, Reddick, YGM, and even Brown more effective--less blitzing is necessary.

So yes, I would love a LT like Sewell or Slater, and I would love Pitts, but I will not cry if we take Surtain--or Horn---or Farley.  I will be a big boy.  I think a second round T will be ready in due time, and although he may not be as good as Sewell or Slater, the weapons we have around Darnold and his intelligence might offset that need a bit.

Pitts?  There is only one, but a TE (and I hate to reduce him to that--because we all know better) is not as valuable as a LT or #1 CB.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:29 AM, shaqattaq said:

I get the hype, but, for the value, would rather have Freiermuth at 39. Good catcher, good blocker, solid play maker.

IF we draft Pitts, I like Radunz as my #39 LT . To answer the OP, I would go Sewell, Surtain, Pitts, in that order.

Sewell and Baby Gronk > Pitts and Radnunz/ Liam etc.  Much for the same reason I would take Sewell over Pitts.  In the second I like a safety or corner over a tight end.  

Edited by mickeye76
Mispell
  • Pie 1

On 4/11/2021 at 6:44 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Sewell all the way but what if he's gone do we take Rashawn Slater over Pitts? 

On 4/11/2021 at 8:31 PM, 45catfan said:

Yes. 

Y'all people crazy. Ain't no way that Slater should be taken over Pitts. A Slater-level talent comes nearly every draft. But Pitts? You never see a specimen like him.

Put it this way- I'd bet my last dollar on the fact that y'all would've rather us taken Tyron Smith than Julio. Any day of the week. Because you don't see a Julio every day.

35 minutes ago, irrevalentfalconsfan said:

Y'all people crazy. Ain't no way that Slater should be taken over Pitts. A Slater-level talent comes nearly every draft. But Pitts? You never see a specimen like him.

Put it this way- I'd bet my last dollar on the fact that y'all would've rather us taken Tyron Smith than Julio. Any day of the week. Because you don't see a Julio every day.

TEs are overrated, especially if your QB is on his back.