• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most realistic trade partner?

4 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

There are definitely a lot of really dumb franchises in the top 7. I don't know that any of them are dumb enough to take Parsons.

Ben Allbright disagrees and has Parsons at 7.

8 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

I’ve been looking at the message boards for both these teams lately trying to get any idea of what’s the fans might be saying. Falcons is as expected...QB or Pitts. On the Lions boards I keep seeing a common theme...comments like “Cant go wrong with Sewell but Parsons is a perfect fit for us”...Lions fans def for the most part r pounding the table for Parsons 

I would be too if we didn’t have glaring holes at tackle. He’s a machine and is the second coming of Wagner/Keuchly. As long as he stays healthy he’s going to be a top 5 linebacker in the league for a decade. 

I don’t see New England trading up. Belichick has never really been that guy. He usually trades down. WFT is probably the best trading partner if Lance is available and Fitterer decides to pass. 

• Beer 1
3 hours ago, unicar15 said:

I would be too if we didn’t have glaring holes at tackle. He’s a machine and is the second coming of Wagner/Keuchly. As long as he stays healthy he’s going to be a top 5 linebacker in the league for a decade. 

That's by far the biggest risk of any position player at the top of this draft, though. It just doesn't happen often at that position. I hope we don't take that gamble needlessly when there are other needs.

I'd love it if a team that's all-in on right now--Green Bay, maybe--wanted to move up to grab "their guy" and flipped us a future first+ for it. Even with Brown, Chinn, and YGM looking like solid contributors, the roster's got holes that this year's draft won't be able to fill.

13 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

We got to the Super Bowl with Walmart bargains at WR. 

Because we had a absolute superstar at QB. If you think Fields or Lance can develop into that, and they are there at 8, you don't even answer the phone. You turn in the card.

If you have doubts about Fields or Lance, take Sewell or Slater or get as much as you can for the pick (assuming Sewell/Slater are gone).

• Pie 1

What about Denver? If we can make them believe we have a partner ready to move ahead of them we can easily pick up a fourth and still get our guy at 9.

But given the fact that the easiest way to keep your job is to draft a quarterback and get a new grace period, all qbs will probably be gone.

If Pitts or Sewel are there, you take one. Done!

If not, I would trade back and get another 2nd rd pick or 2 more like a 2nd and 4th, depending on who and how far we go back. If 1 or more QBs are there at 8, we'll find a trade partner because Denver/WFT/Pats/Bears would love to have one if they don't trade up before 8.

If all four top QBs are gone and someone like Chi, NE, or WFT wants Mac Jones I'd hold them up at minimum for a future first and this years second, CHI and WFT would have to give up more 

Many people love the idea of trading back, but 8 is kind of a sweet spot for top talent when you have such QB needy top 5 teams.  I'd rather see us grab any of the top 5 non-qb players at #8 than see us move back. 

Kyle PItts, Devonta Smith, Surtain, Sewell.... Those are guys that are almost surefire all-pro.

• Pie 2
On 4/14/2021 at 6:08 AM, Trainwreck said:

I don’t see New England trading up. Belichick has never really been that guy. He usually trades down. WFT is probably the best trading partner if Lance is available and Fitterer decides to pass. 

Belichik has also never spent hundreds of millions in FA like this year.  He might trade up