• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Well Represented at Fields 2nd Pro Day

If any QB is still there at 8 you trade back if you can get another 1st and maybe a couple of picks next year since we don't have a second or 4th in 2022. There will be lots of great players in the top 15 given 5 of them are QBs.

Darnold is 23 and experienced. He is better than anyone in this draft not named Trevor. And after that interview I would have big questions about what happens if Lawrence struggles for Jacksonville and the losses mount. I wonder how much he will love the game then since that is his only reason for playing 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 1
5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yep we had a franchise QB and ran him into the ground. If Herbert fell to us it has been stated we would have drafted him. Drafting a QB early that drops to us doesn’t mean we have to avoid getting any kind of help at LT? Why do people think this? We should absolutely get one in the 2nd to compete with Scott and Erving. We have an anchor at RT which we are investing money in and picked up to G/Cs in Erving and Elf and resigned Miller. Our line was ranked 18 last year so slightly below average, but middle of the pack. Throw in a 2nd round LT (very deep class) with our FAs, Moton, and Paradis and it should be even better next year. 

Why do you people think that drafting a QB in the top 5 or even top 10 automatically improves a team? History has shown that these picks have a high failure rate, because you’re drafting a guy ranked by position not overall. Take Zach Wilson for instance, projected to be the the second overall pick. Now seriously, you’re gonna tell me he’s the second most talented player in the draft?

• Pie 1
4 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Why do you people think that drafting a QB in the top 5 or even top 10 automatically improves a team? History has shown that these picks have a high failure rate, because you’re drafting a guy ranked by position not overall. Take Zach Wilson for instance, projected to be the the second overall pick. Now seriously, you’re gonna tell me he’s the second most talented player in the draft?

It’s the simple fact that we don’t have an established player at the most important position in sports. All I’m saying is if a player we like FALLS to us at 8, we should draft him. Not draft one just to do it. If we aren’t high on Mac or Lance and they are there at 8 than pass. If we are high on Fields and he actually makes it to 8 draft him. If our staff isn’t sold on him the grab a LT and I’ll be happy.

• Pie 3

Hot take: Fields goes #2 overall to the Jets.

A lot of teams blowing smoke to the media trying to get him to drop now we hear the narrative starting to come back around on him.

And when did our Darnold trade talk with the Jets start to heat up? Fields’ pro day.

• Pie 2
44 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

A lot of teams blowing smoke to the media trying to get him to drop now we hear the narrative starting to come back around on him.

And when did our Darnold trade talk with the Jets start to heat up? Fields’ pro day.

Thats who they should draft. I mean, really, Jax should be considering Fields.

• Pie 1
Just now, WUnderhill said:

I like it. That could shake it up. Would be hysterical as well if SF did their trade up to get Fields and didn’t like Wilson as much. 

O you guys.....I know its hard to believe, but its still Mac Jones going to the the 49ers. Dont buy recent hype over real insight.

98% it will be Mac "******" Jones

LOL at 49ers