• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Position Group Strength Rankings

MHS831

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

I understand the logic of a top receiver when our guys are signed long term, but I still want one of the top 2 tackles. 

Then again, what I want, and what the team ends up doing draft day are normally 2 different things. 

That is my point too.  If Sewell is there?  No thinking required.  If Slater and Waddle are on the board?  It could get interesting.

• Pie 1

57 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Good post

I think we can get a 3rd/4th WR on day 3 but if Kyle Pitts isn't there at #8 I don't believe we will draft a TE this year.

Very poor class overall and there won't be a clear upgrade over what we have on the roster now in the latter rounds. 

I agree and thank you.  I guess the question is:  Are Waddle, Smith, and Chase THAT good?  Would they make this offense unstoppable?  I read a post on another site about Darnold and the need for a slot:  He has never been able to change plays at the LOS or call hot routes.  If the Panthers want to turn him loose, we need a slot that is a game breaker.  A slot that can run the slant, a slot that the defense gives a 10-yard cushion.  A hot route runner that keeps the S honest and works the middle as well as the sidelines-a player that stretches the secondary...."  (paraphrasing). 

I dunno.  I am like everyone else--get the elite T.  If you wait for round 2 and there has been a run on OTs, we could be in the Greg Little situation again.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Good post

I think we can get a 3rd/4th WR on day 3 but if Kyle Pitts isn't there at #8 I don't believe we will draft a TE this year.

Very poor class overall and there won't be a clear upgrade over what we have on the roster now in the latter rounds. 

NFL Network replayed the 2020 Arizona versus Philly game this afternoon. I came away impressed with Dan Arnold (and Hassan Reddick). I don't think TE is nearly the issue it was last session after signing him.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

If Pitts and Sewell are gone, but Slater and Chase are there....that's a tough choice.  I don't think Chase will be, but he has better than All Pro level talent...good chance of Hall of Fame.  Tough call.

An above average competent OT/C/OG (esp OT) is more valuable than a good / great WR. 

We literally have ONE competent OL player on our roster.......

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Good post

If Pitts isn’t there I think they are looking at Jacob Harris out of UCF in the late rounds. He is like Dan Arnold 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, trueblade said:

NFL Network replayed the 2020 Arizona versus Philly game this afternoon. I came away impressed with Dan Arnold (and Hassan Reddick). I don't think TE is nearly the issue it was last session after signing him.

That is good news.  I really have not looked to see about him---did not know what we have.

• Pie 1

A lot of you want to bargin bin hunt on wrs which i get, but I dont want to pass on a hof caliber talent like Chase for a maybe good LT like Slater... He played well vs Chase young is all i hear but what else...Give me the more talent players and i will bargin on the position with a deeper base pool after that.

• Pie 1