• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

14 minutes ago, Verge said:

So I try not to parrot this poo, which is why I don't want to put it out on twitter. I have heard character concerns and processing time. When I put on the tape I think the processing time is just fine, balls can be a little late, but every QB has poo they need to work on. I don't have a real idea on what the character concerns are, I know it stems from Georgia and his teammates. 

There's a lot not mentioned about that but him being called the N word was on tape and the whole racial friction with the baseball team was a thing.  I mean, players were dismissed from the team.  I think he wanted to just hit refresh. 

He only spoke highly of UGA after leaving but it seemed like a lot was hush hush.  Do wonder what all really happened. 

1 minute ago, Verge said:

I think we kind of have to do this. It isn't intentional racism, but it's still that. Mac Jones' DUIs do not get criticized in the same way that Fields' off the field stuff does. Fields' processing time becomes a question of "football intelligence" when that label is rarely if ever given to white QBs. Here is my controversial take before I drop this and go eat lunch. Sam Darnold would not be in the NFL right now given his past couple years of play if he was not white. 

That’s what I think as well. He 2019 (PreCovid) stats and games were stellar. OSU had a ton of issues this past year and played like only 6 games many several key players. I think he is over scrutinized, but I’m not the one making the pick.

6 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

I too want a LT (Sewell all day everyday) but it’s also no guarantee he’s going to be good either. If the team sees a QB fall that they believe can be THE guy you kinda have to do it.

I’m not advocating for drafting a quarterback just because he’s a quarterback if you have others higher on your draft board but I think it’s absolutely fair for some on the board to be in favor of drafting a QB at 8. Once again I want Sewell or a premier LT just like you but if you believe a Fields or a Lance is the guy and they drop you make that pick imho.

Truth is none of us have any idea what the Panthers draft board looks like.

Whatever it is though, I'm hoping they stick to it.

One of the complaints that's been reported about the Eagles draft rooms is that they'd have a draft board set, and then when their pick came, Howie Roseman would just go rogue.

(some have theorized that he was actually covering for Jeffrey Lurie, and that's a legitimate possibility)

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

processing speed, vague work ethic questions, and "character concerns" spoken in hushed tones about some incidents at a previous school he attended?  where have we heard this story before??

I'm surprised Fields is considered streakier than the other non-Lawrence QBs given he's had fewer bad games than most of the non-Lance QBs.  And I would take Fields' 2019 over Lance's 2019 given competition etc anyway.

I understand these as real issues but the reason I'm questioning the sources is because people are saying "there's QUESTIONS" then we wonder what they are folks are like "I don't wanna get into it" lol

Just seems weird, is all. I don't think he's perfect but he tested well and he outplayed Trevor Lawrence last time they faced off, you'd think the types who gravitate towards being clutch and having football intangibles would make more a fuss over his drop down boards and back him as a possible number 2 pick. Just feels weird. I'm interested to see if he pans out just because his pre-draft has been so strange. 

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

automatically assuming a fanbase is racist if fuging retarded

I'm not one to call a fanbase racist (except Alabama and LSU) but the process of evaluating QBs within the media and in buildings does have some issues with it them are stemmed in non-conscious racism. Think about Cam, think about how many times you hear them question "football iq" and what color those QBs almost always are, and think about the buzz words that used to be used like "sophisticated QB". It's always been around, and it is getting better, but you can still see it. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

At least half of these people that are now being implied as to being racist were all over the Watson trade. The last time I checked he was black. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a racist, white supremacist or a white supremacist's enabler. Is that the right word for non whites who agree that Fields isn't that good? 

In fact, this really makes me mad. How dare you imply that I'm a racist because of my football opinion. I've got to walk away now but in my opinion it's the people that always focus on race who are the real racists. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule

1 minute ago, Panthers Rhule said:

At least half of these people that are now being implied as to being racist were all over the Watson trade. The last time I checked he was black. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't make them a racist, white supremacist or a white supremacist's enabler. Is that the right word for non whites who agree that Fields isn't that good? 

Absolutely no one on this thread has implied anyone else on this thread is a racist. We are talking about the process itself and how the media/draft rooms play to it. Please do not misconstrue anyone's words. 🙂 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Verge said:

I think it does probably have a little to do with race, and that's pretty sad. Things that teams would overlook with a white QB that do not get overlooked with Fields. 

Zach Wilson is the perfect counter example IMO.  

He has plenty bad habits.  Fields' are being put under a microscope.  Wilson's largely dismissed as people gush over the upside. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Truth is none of us have any idea what the Panthers draft board looks like.

Whatever it is though, I'm hoping they stick to it.

One of the complaints that's been reported about the Eagles draft rooms is that they'd have a draft board set, and then when their pick came, Howie Roseman would just go rogue.

(some have theorized that he was actually covering for Jeffrey Lurie, and that's a legitimate possibility)

Im with you and as much as people worry I think one of Teppers biggest strengths are knowing what he doesn’t know and letting the people he pays (handsomely at that) do their jobs. I think he respects Fitt and Rhule enough to trust their judgement on the draft and just lets them run it. I’m sure he’s going to offer heavy input but I think ultimately he’s going to allow Rhule/Fitt to make the pick.