• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Night Trade Scenario: A 1st Rd pick next year or [Insert top Prospect]?

firefox1234

Draft Night Trade Scenario: 1st Rd pick next year or stay and select [Insert top Prospect]?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. A 1st Rd pick next year or stay at 8 and select [Insert top Prospect]?

• Additional 1st Rd pick next year
    • Stay at 8 and select blue chip prospect

With all the whispers about the Panthers trading down I’m curious what you all would do in such a scenario if a top blue chip prospect like a Fields fell to 8 and a team like the Pats, Broncos, or some other team wanted to move up with the offer of their 1st round pick next year. 

Would you guys rather stay put and select or trade out and get another teams 1st next year?

Edited by firefox1234

It depends on how far back we are willing to move. If we are only moving a couple of spots back, it's unlikely we'll get a future 1st round pick, different story if we are moving back 10+ spots. I think it's more valuable to try and get a 2nd round pick out of this year's draft if we are to move back. I suspect if Fields is there at 8, Panthers have an auction to the highest bidder. If Sewell, Pitts, Chase and possibly Slater are gone before pick 8, Panthers for sure would move back. 

• Pie 1

The Ringer's mock draft had an interesting trade.  Drops a little further than I'd like (trade with Washington), but could be a nice haul...

Projected trade: Washington trades nos. 19, 74, and 82, plus a 2022 first-round pick, to the Panthers for no. 8 overall. 

Getting 74 & 82, PLUS a 1st rounder next year, while still maybe getting the #3 or 4 OT on our board (this scenario has Vera-Tucker and Jenkins left) or CB at 19 would be nice. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5

1 minute ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

The Ringer's mock draft had an interesting trade.  Drops a little further than I'd like (trade with Washington), but could be a nice haul...

Projected trade: Washington trades nos. 19, 74, and 82, plus a 2022 first-round pick, to the Panthers for no. 8 overall. 

Getting 74 & 82, PLUS a 1st rounder next year, while still maybe getting the #3 or 4 OT on our board (this scenario has Vera-Tucker and Jenkins left) or CB at 19 would be nice. 

Been saying this for weeks.  Only to get crap emojis

9 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

We would have a 1st, 2nd and three 3rd this year an additional 1st next year.  HELL YES

At 19 you are still going to get a blue chip player.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

This might be too good to pass up. My initial thought is there is two good QBs next year in Rattler and Howell, but I don’t see us being one of the bottom two teams. The cost to move up to get one is ridiculous. The extra capital now in a deep draft is huge and we can package our two firsts to trade up next year if needed.