• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting quote on Sam Darnold from the Athletic article grading all QB’s in this draft class

WarPanthers89

Ill stick with my analysis that Darnold is a rich mans Jameis Winston. Some of you may take that as an insult, it isnt. Winston has all the tools but throws a lot of picks but you can win with him. With this staff and system, winston could win 10-11, i think Darnold can win more.   Certainly enough for playoffs if we help him out. 

26 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And he saved us from having to move up, costing us a pick.  And if we move back, we basically got him for free--if we trade Teddy---Sam will have cost this team a 4th rounder in 2022.

And people were bitching about the cost--the same people who were ok giving 3 first rounders to Houston for deep tissue love in the box.

Which brings us from the second worst to the worst run organization in football---the Houston "Watson is not being traded" Texans.   Could they make worse decisions? Had they traded him from the get go, they have 3 firsts and Watson is someone else's problem.

I do wonder if that trade would have been voided by the NFL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Half of this board just wants a QB with swag again so bad they'll be sour until the day it happens.

Darnold's agent would be wise to make him wear a babushka to his next press conference.

Instant swag, apparently. Fan base won over.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Ill stick with my analysis that Darnold is a rich mans Jameis Winston. Some of you may take that as an insult, it isnt. Winston has all the tools but throws a lot of picks but you can win with him. With this staff and system, winston could win 10-11, i think Darnold can win more.   Certainly enough for playoffs if we help him out. 

An insult? Darnold would have to jump to another ladder to climb enough rungs to get to James Winston level play.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An insult? Darnold would have to jump to another ladder to climb enough rungs to get to James Winston level play.

Winston wasn't even in the realm of bad Darnold was. TB actually set Wisnton up with almost everything he needed to be successful and he did have some really good years because of it. Its why Tom Brady wanted to play for TB. He's actually in a 100% better situation with us and we dont have half the talent TB does.