• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris “Troll” Simms- First round mock

CRA

5 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

Wasn't that great to win a game?  Loved it!  

It was a fabulous victory. Who here remembers the celebrations we did that day we won that game?

Compare that to the draft position we WOULD have had and all the possibilities that could afford us, and the celebrations we MIGHT have had if we didn't win that game and were picking in the top 5.  I bet most of the players are stoked and carrying all kinds of fire in their guts because of that win. 

Yeah. It was great to win that game. 

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Stranger things have happened. No one thought Jimmy Clausen would have fallen as far as he did.

Clausen didn't spend the last 2 seasons of his college career being the consensus 1b with someone hyped as a generational talent (Trevor). 

Players can fall.  No doubt.  But what Simms is doing with Fields IMO is just 100% clickbait.  Guarantees Simms gets the attention before the draft and after it. 

52 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Sims is an aspiring GM. He’s not doing it for click bait. He wants to be right.

He is very down of Fields though. Doesn’t think he’s a top prospect.

I mean I kindof respect him for it.  He doesnt just give his hot take and leave.  He actually breaks down why he feels like that. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Ready 2 Win said:

It was a fabulous victory. Who here remembers the celebrations we did that day we won that game?

Compare that to the draft position we WOULD have had and all the possibilities that could afford us, and the celebrations we MIGHT have had if we didn't win that game and were picking in the top 5.  I bet most of the players are stoked and carrying all kinds of fire in their guts because of that win. 

Snore...

Just now, @bonafidebanter said:

What's puzzling to me is how in the world did Mac Jones actually rise from no where to #3 in the draft with a DUI? Amazing.

Because all it takes is 1 team out of 32.  I mean the majority of teams could have him as 2nd rounder.  But if someone at the top wants him...

Kyle has a type.  Mac is it.  Which is baffling to move up and spend the capitol to get to #3 to take Mac. They didn't need to go up that high and plenty of teams IMO would have traded down. 

I cannot agree with some of Chris Simms picks. He has OT Penei Sewell,Oregon  going as the # 7 pick, which may be about right but has OT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech  #13 and OT Rashawn Slater,Northwestern  #20.

I personally want us to stay put at # 8, hoping OT Penei Sewell drops to us. If he does not drop to #8 then draft OT Rashawn Slater. 

In the event we trade back, i want us to take the best available CB or OT Christian Darrisaw, the choice would depend on how far we traded back.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Because all it takes is 1 team out of 32.  I mean the majority of teams could have him as 2nd rounder.  But if someone at the top wants him...

Kyle has a type.  Mac is it.  Which is baffling to move up and spend the capitol to get to #3 to take Mac. They didn't need to go up that high and plenty of teams IMO would have traded down. 

So, you're telling me that he would actually ignore the DUI and give up all of that future draft capital for Mac Jones? Makes no sense especially if he could have gotten him in his original draft position. I wonder why it's never mentioned in the media at all. All I see/hear is the typical media hype for certain players. Dak Prescott fell to the 4th round because of a reported DUI. See my point here?

1 hour ago, Ready 2 Win said:

It's got to be an American trait to root for your team to lose, right?

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, @bonafidebanter said:

So, you're telling me that he would actually ignore the DUI and give up all of that future draft capital for Mac Jones? Makes no sense especially if he could have gotten him in his original draft position. I wonder why it's never mentioned in the media at all. All I see/hear is the typical media hype for certain players. Dak Prescott fell to the 4th round because of a reported DUI. See my point here?

I think Mac Jones is the only QB in this draft who fits Kyle's preferred type.    Now, did he spend all that draft capitol to go get Mac Jones?   No point doing a smokescreen IMO.   He can just name the player.  No one to fool. 

I think there has been a concerted effort to knock Fields from 1b to as far down as possible while simultaneously pumping up every other QB over him.  And nothing on the football field backs that IMO. 

• Beer 1