• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maintaining perspective on draft day

4 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

I can get behind this...at least our 1st rounders haven’t been Morrison, Ajinca, Biyombo, Vonleh and Kaminsky...cuz there’s no way to spin that in a positive light 

That’s true. Granted Hornets drafting has been considerably better in recent years. I was on the Wiseman train and not big on Ball. Glad to be wrong on that one too

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’ve posted a similar thread to this the last two years and it doesn’t really seem to help or make a difference at all but I’m going to post it again anyway.

Everybody has their ideal vision for how the draft pans out. Personally I want Sewell. Some want Pitts. Some want Fields. Others want Horn. But regardless of bias, let’s keep perspective whether we get our way or not and remember a few things.

A. Once the guy is drafted, he’s a Panther. We should be rooting for his success regardless of whether or not he was our guy. Going on a tirade about him isn’t helpful and it isn’t necessary. I didn’t personally want CMC when we took him. I didn’t believe in taking a RB that early. I still don’t honestly. But I’m happy to admit that I was wrong and even though I REALLY did not want him, the second we picked him, I was supporting him and rethinking my opinions of what he could do for our offense.

I remember a lot of people here were angry when we took Luke. That’s one I was actually on board with. But there were a number of unhappy members here upset with the pick. He’s easily one of the best 5 Panthers in our teams history. 

It’s nice when we have a Star draft where virtually every single one of us had been wishing upon a Star since mid season. But that rarely happens and clearly it isn’t happening this year. Lots of posters are divided on what they believe would be best.

But whatever we end up doing, keep perspective. Once he’s the pick, throwing a tantrum isn’t going to change a damn thing. Better to root for the guy. You almost certainly be happier and there’s a decent chance your bear case scenario for the draft wouldn’t actually be that good anyway.

I have had the term “blind homerism” thrown in my face a number of times in the past few weeks. Call the Darnold trade or any of our FA signings whatever you want but having a meltdown over unproven draft picks is unreasonable. We has already been brought to our attention today, Steve Smith was a pretty low ranked, under sized prospect when we got him. Once these guys a drafted, don’t poo on them until they have had a chance to show what they can do (and keep in mind, for most rookies that usually takes a few years. See Charles Johnson)

That is all. Let’s crush thing draft!

Donald Trump Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I’ve posted a similar thread to this the last two years and it doesn’t really seem to help or make a difference at all but I’m going to post it again anyway.

Everybody has their ideal vision for how the draft pans out. Personally I want Sewell. Some want Pitts. Some want Fields. Others want Horn. But regardless of bias, let’s keep perspective whether we get our way or not and remember a few things.

A. Once the guy is drafted, he’s a Panther. We should be rooting for his success regardless of whether or not he was our guy. Going on a tirade about him isn’t helpful and it isn’t necessary. I didn’t personally want CMC when we took him. I didn’t believe in taking a RB that early. I still don’t honestly. But I’m happy to admit that I was wrong and even though I REALLY did not want him, the second we picked him, I was supporting him and rethinking my opinions of what he could do for our offense.

I remember a lot of people here were angry when we took Luke. That’s one I was actually on board with. But there were a number of unhappy members here upset with the pick. He’s easily one of the best 5 Panthers in our teams history. 

It’s nice when we have a Star draft where virtually every single one of us had been wishing upon a Star since mid season. But that rarely happens and clearly it isn’t happening this year. Lots of posters are divided on what they believe would be best.

But whatever we end up doing, keep perspective. Once he’s the pick, throwing a tantrum isn’t going to change a damn thing. Better to root for the guy. You almost certainly be happier and there’s a decent chance your bear case scenario for the draft wouldn’t actually be that good anyway.

I have had the term “blind homerism” thrown in my face a number of times in the past few weeks. Call the Darnold trade or any of our FA signings whatever you want but having a meltdown over unproven draft picks is unreasonable. We has already been brought to our attention today, Steve Smith was a pretty low ranked, under sized prospect when we got him. Once these guys a drafted, don’t poo on them until they have had a chance to show what they can do (and keep in mind, for most rookies that usually takes a few years. See Charles Johnson)

That is all. Let’s crush thing draft!

60 funny cringeworthy school pictures

47 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

That’s true. Granted Hornets drafting has been considerably better in recent years. I was on the Wiseman train and not big on Ball. Glad to be wrong on that one too

Me too

bridges and pj have both been great picks for us...Devonte was a steal in round 2

maybe the big guys from Dook and kentucky pan out

all it takes is a good GM

Edited by Scott12345
  • Beer 1