• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer also has us taking Fields, believes Tepper is pushing for it.

GoobyPls

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You realize Matt Rhule had a hand in bringing him here, right?

He and Fitterer both watched the film of his entire Jets career before making the decision.

This notion that they traded for somebody they think sucks is just insane.

Yeah, that's what concerns me. Teddy first, now Darnold. If Darnold goes no better then there's a serious question on whether or not Rhule knows how to evaluate NFL QB talent.

I don't think they think he sucks. I do think that they think he was their best option available at the time and none of them were fantastic.

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Same is true for QB and every other position. Would you and the others wanting Fields still want a first round QB if it was Jones being talked about as the pick instead? 

Cam never had to compete for his spot. It was handed to him day 1. How many first round QBs were taken after Cam to compete with him? How many second rounders? How many vets were brought in? None. People have even posted here that the Panthers were scared to do so.

I don't have a problem with the unfairness of the NFL. I have a problem with drafting another young QB that highly when you just traded for one. Give the guy that is here as strong of a supporting cast as you can and coaching. Then see what he can do. If he fails to deliver, then replace him. It doesn't make sense to replace him before he even steps on the field.

Most of those teams sucked with Cam. That's the point. It takes more than just a franchise QB.

I also mentioned Foles, which you had as well, and as I stated, it could be argued Manning as well.

It’s all about how they value the player. If our staff thinks Mac Jones will be significantly better than Darnold and our new franchise QB, then they would be stupid not to take him if he is there at 8. I happen to be high on Fields so I’m for taking him if he is there.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

It’s all about how they value the player. If our staff thinks Mac Jones will be significantly better than Darnold and our new franchise QB, then they would be stupid not to take him if he is there at 8. I happen to be high on Fields so I’m for taking him if he is there.

I want no part of Mac Jones, but this.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The idea that fans not knowing who a team's left tackle is means the position isn't that important has to be one of the stupidest arguments I've ever seen.

Ask any quarterback if his left tackle is important.

No, the point is ARI solved their QB issue by being aggressive and not working with ONLY left overs. 

The BEST LT's are known by name, so the POINT that you missed is, you can get the QB first and BUILD around them knowing you have that position settled. 

But being as you are it's no surprise the sentiment of the statement was lost on you. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Granted, and if they make a decision I hate I'll be annoyed but I'll still hope for the best.

Hell, I hope Sam Darnold is the Super Bowl MVP next year, but I'm not gonna engage in mental gymanstics and try to convince myself that he's "basically a rookie" so that I can ignore his three seasons of atrocious NFL QB play.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You realize Matt Rhule had a hand in bringing him here, right?

He and Fitterer both watched the film of his entire Jets career before making the decision.

This notion that they traded for somebody they think sucks is just insane.

and after signing him they made it clear that they weren't out of the QB market simply because they are kicking the tires on Sam... 

and IMO they were forced to bring in a band-aid to replace the old band-aid.   The old band-aid wasn't going to work for them in 2021 after being thrown so hard under the bus as they pursued the QBs they actually wanted in Stafford/Watson. 

• Pie 2

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

when we let Star go....run D fell off.  Adding Brown was the start of getting it back.  Brown just not the force Star was out of the gate.  Which isn't a knock on Brown.  We lucked into the #1 overall player IMO in that draft who we only landed because of a medical scare. 

Yeah he was really good for us. Looking back I would have picked Star over Short but what's done is done. Star is talented but remember Hopkins and Kelce were also in that draft and Mathieu too.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, that's what concerns me. Teddy first, now Darnold. If Darnold goes no better then there's a serious question on whether or not Rhule knows how to evaluate NFL QB talent.

I don't think they think he sucks. I do think that they think he was their best option available at the time and none of them were fantastic.

If I thought they made a decision on a position as important as quarterback because "well, we've gotta do something", I'd completely lose faith in their decision making.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

and after signing him they made it clear that they weren't out of the QB market simply because they are kicking the tires on Sam... 

and IMO they were forced to bring in a band-aid to replace the old band-aid.   The old band-aid wasn't going to work for them in 2021 after being thrown so hard under the bus as they pursued the QBs they actually wanted in Stafford/Watson. 

And Lord knows teams never say things they don't really mean during draft season.

I'll grant that the smokescreen thing is overrated, but it definitely isn't non-existent.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ya man, keep thinking it was Rhule.

Honestly, had Tepper just let Rhule do his own damn thing from day 1 this organization would be in a MUCH better spot right now.

This board is clueless.

14 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Most of those teams sucked with Cam. That's the point. It takes more than just a franchise QB.

I also mentioned Foles, which you had as well, and as I stated, it could be argued Manning as well.

Also, Cam’s experience is what happens when you fail to properly build around your franchise QB. The reason those teams failed wasn’t due to only focusing on building Cam. On the contrary it was believing Cam could do it all. It was like when we drafted Cam and realized he can be a one man show on offense we treated him as such and put everything on his shoulders. No surprise we ended up cutting his career short from all the punishment he took. 

What many of us are saying is that acquiring a franchise QB has to be the starting point because in todays NFL it nearly impossible to achieve success without one. 

1 minute ago, SetfreexX said:

No, the point is ARI solved their QB issue by being aggressive and not working with ONLY left overs. 

The BEST LT's are known by name, so the POINT that you missed is, you can get the QB first and BUILD around them knowing you have that position settled. 

But being as you are it's no surprise the sentiment of the statement was lost on you. 

another example of this is alot of mock drafts believe that the Chargers possibly might trade up in order to draft Sewell now that they have a QB to build around

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

No argument.

I wouldn't want Jones either, but truthfully I'm not so much looking at particular players as I am particular positions.

I think drafting a quarterback high in our situation is dumb, but that doesn't mean I'd be on board with drafting a linebacker or a runningback (i.e. the Marty Method).

Edited by Mr. Scot