• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy B to the Broncos for a 6th!

joemac

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A 6th is poo especially since they are not taking all of it on.  Again, why not wait if this was the best deal and we are still going to have to pay for him?  Saving 5 million isnt poo this year.  Its not the difference between playoff or not.  And now we still need a backup.  I just dont understand the timing if this is the deal

This is my point. You have no idea if we could move him after the draft. It's clear we don't want him here, this could have been the best and only deal we would get.. take it. Also you're short sighted on your cap savings. 5mil rolls into next year, we are trying to sign Moton long term, we will be making FA acquisitions during the season, etc. You're way way trying to oversimplify this into a one year thing that it is not. 

43 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Stephon Gilmore and a potential draft day trade: With the NFL draft set to get underway on Thursday at 8 p.m., the Patriots are projected to draft a quarterback. Of course, exactly where that happens (and which one) remains to be seen.

According to a recent report from ESPN’s Dianna Russini, Bill Belichick might be willing to use a major piece of the team’s roster in order to move up (should New England want to do that).

“Stephon Gilmore is in his final year of a five-year contract with the New England Patriots,” Russini explained. “He’s making about $7 million this season. The New England Patriots could perhaps deal Stephon Gilmore in a package to move up, if they are in the business of getting a quarterback

“I did speak to a team in the top-10 who told me that they had calls with New England,” said Russini.

• Pie 1

Just now, shaqattaq said:

Stephon Gilmore and a potential draft day trade: With the NFL draft set to get underway on Thursday at 8 p.m., the Patriots are projected to draft a quarterback. Of course, exactly where that happens (and which one) remains to be seen.

According to a recent report from ESPN’s Dianna Russini, Bill Belichick might be willing to use a major piece of the team’s roster in order to move up (should New England want to do that).

“Stephon Gilmore is in his final year of a five-year contract with the New England Patriots,” Russini explained. “He’s making about $7 million this season. The New England Patriots could perhaps deal Stephon Gilmore in a package to move up, if they are in the business of getting a quarterback

“I did speak to a team in the top-10 who told me that they had calls with New England,” said Russini.

Both Detroit and Carolina make sense with this. 

3 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

That would be DOPE, and one of the only scenarios where I would be cool with trading back.  If we can get a CB1 AND still draft an OT or another stud at 15 we would be sitting pretty.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If we do in fact take a QB at 8 his value goes to like zero.  Everyone would know at that point he is being released.  

Decent move as we basically traded Teddy, a 2nd and 4th for Darnold.

Again, why not wait?  If Denver is going to do this a day before the draft they damn sure would have done it if Fields was on the board when we pick.   Probably get a better deal knowing they struck out in the qb race

7 minutes ago, Little Goody Two Shoes said:

Please no. He's almost 31 and in the last year of his deal. And, if the Patriots get rid of you you're almost done.

Yep, zero interest in picking up a CB with 1 year remaining on his contract.

At least as a major piece of the trade.

• Pie 2