• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those that still want a safety...

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

I have a hunch Keith Taylor will be moved to FS.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rhule specifically said post-draft that they viewed Taylor as a CB, but we'll see.

Yup, Rhule stated he is a CB. He’s a very physical and athletic corner. Don’t assume that Taylor will be a safety just based on his size. Taylor is probably Fitterer’s Richard Sherman. 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

We had an excellent draft, so I really don't know why you'd be mad, much less "even more mad." It seems kinda silly because they can't draft everyone. But, to each his own.

¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

I’m just saying that you can’t passed on Moehrig and Grant in the draft for Marshall but now decide that safety is a need to sign Heath. Add in his age. 

7 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I’m just saying that you can’t passed on Moehrig and Grant in the draft for Marshall but now decide that safety is a need to sign Heath. Add in his age. 

Marshall is a first round talent and provided the better value. In my mind, he was the BPA. And I'd bet that he will have the most impactful career. 

Team building is about choices because you just can't draft every talented player available. Sometimes a veteran is an answer, especially in the short term (not saying that Heath is, or that some other vet isn't), but we'll get more chances to address the position in the future regardless. 

• Pie 4
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Marshall is a first round talent and provided the better value. In my mind, he was the BPA. And I'd bet that he will have the most impactful career. 

Team building is about choices because you just can't draft every talented player available. Sometimes a veteran is an answer, especially in the short term (not saying that Heath is, or that some other vet isn't), but we'll get more chances to address the position in the future regardless. 

I agree but Moehrig and Grant were also 1st round talents that were available in the 2nd. Give me Malik Hooker, someone with low risk high reward or just go with what we already have. Would rather have Boston over Heath. 

Edited by Trainwreck
2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Rhule specifically said post-draft that they viewed Taylor as a CB, but we'll see.

IF any CB goes to S, it will be Pride.

Posted (edited)

I still say to call Richard Sherman and see if he will transition to Free Safety. Bring veteran leadership to the back end of the defense, and prolong his career like Rod Woodson did years ago.

If Sherman declines, then go get Malik Hooker on a cheap prove it deal. 

Edited by TheProcess
1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Are you a Lannister? 

I never watched Thrones--had to google it.  I am actually a Neurotic, the name of the boy band I used to be in between 1983-1983.  I had a frontal mullet and handlebar mustache, if that helps. Went by the stage name, "Lugnuts."